• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why is she doing that?

Whoviana

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tara
Sunflower, our 5 month old GCC, does not like the Roku remote. Whenever we try to change the channel, she will attack our hands. She sometimes gets very angry and fluffy at it. Does anyone have an idea why she might do this?

Dachshund King

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
My crimson bellied conure attacks my TV remote but I think she's just chewing the buttons because she likes to chew things. It may be jealousy if your interacting with the TV remote and not your conure then she could see it as competition.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
My gcc likes to try and tear up remotes for fun and will sometimes bite at me when I take it away from her. However she acts like you say when I pick up a pen and start writing with it. When the pen is not in my hand she either chews it or ignores it. Don't really get it but just accept it.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
my birds also hate the tv remote, phones and camera.
some I think is jealousy as I talk to the phones.
But the remotes and camera autofocus sensor make a little light to send signals and I noticed that drives them crazy when that happens.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I just had another thought. Perhaps she is enjoying the show and doesn't want you to change the channel, heehee

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
Bird has recently added hats to his list of things that my die. He also attacks remotes, phones and keyboards. (And people)

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
Parrots love to attach remotes. Those buttons are so tempting. We got a wooden bird toy remote, but that they have no interest in that of course.

Speaking of hats, our cockatoo gets very upset when I where a hat. She thinks my crest is up which is a danger signal.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
My bunny ate all the remote button tops. Makes it hard to choose a channel. :blink: