• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What to do with fertilised unwanted eggs

cindypanny

Moving in
Real Name
Cindy
Hi, my parrot laid fertilised eggs, I don't want them and I cannot separate my parrots because they will become depressed, I've tried before and it wouldn't work out.

My parrot is a green cheek conure who already laid 3 eggs, one is being developed and I want to get rid of them asap, how do I get rid of them without the mother knowing?

Also I can't buy dummy eggs as they are offsale and the only ones that are on sale will take months to come.

Any advice? thanks

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yep, boil and put back :) She might be mad for 20 minutes but having her eggs back she should be okay again.

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Be sure to mark the boiled eggs with a pen or pencil so if any new eggs are laid, it is easy to tell which ones have already been boiled.

Check each day or every other day for new eggs.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Be sure to mark the boiled eggs with a pen or pencil so if any new eggs are laid, it is easy to tell which ones have already been boiled.

Check each day or every other day for new eggs.
So smart! I never would have thought of that!

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
I learned that trick when I was trying to let one of my broody chickens hatch some eggs. The other hens liked the nestbox she was sitting in, so they would keep sneaking in to lay more eggs!

Finally, I got smart and marked the ones I wanted to keep and then it was a simple matter to remove any extras. Kind of the opposite of this situation, but the same technique will work.

Parrots will continue to lay while incubating their clutch, so it is important to check regularly for more eggs.