• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What pellet(s) are you feeding? (Summer 2022)

What pellet(s) are you feeding?

• All Living Things

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Caitec

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • FM Brown's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goldenfeast

• Hagen/Hari

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Harrison's

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Higgins

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Kaytee

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Lafeber

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Mazuri

• Pretty Bird

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Psittacus

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Roudybush

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Scenic

• TOPs

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Versele-Laga

• Zupreem

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

• I don't feed any pellet

• Vetafarm

• Passwell

• Trill

• Total voters

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’ll have to double check the pellet mix jar but I think at the moment we’re using a mix of Vetafarm two different types, Pretty bird, Harrison’s, zupreem and Trill for the two big guys.
I always feed vetafarm as the main pellets and add others for variety as Burt seems to like that and Birdie doesn’t mind too much either.
Squeak usually gets just the trill and vetafarm.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I’ll have to double check the pellet mix jar but I think at the moment we’re using a mix of Vetafarm two different types, Pretty bird, Harrison’s, zupreem and Trill for the two big guys.
I always feed vetafarm as the main pellets and add others for variety as Burt seems to like that and Birdie doesn’t mind too much either.
Squeak usually gets just the trill and vetafarm.
I couldn't remember the other pellet I see you mention.. Trill! Added that also :)

ems08

Walking the driveway
Riley gets Zupreem Naturals. I tried two different sizes and flavors of Harrison's but he doesn't seem to like them. The first couple of times I gave him the coarse size soaked in water he seemed to like it but then stopped eating it, so I think to may have hurt his tummy? Or he's just picky, who knows. Anyway, would like to diversify but haven't picked my back up option yet.

Supplemented with not-chop daily with a mix of veggies and a bite or two of fruit (he has a sweet tooth for sure). Bits of almond, safflower and sunflower seeds for training rewards.

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
TOPs, Harrisons and Zupreem.

BirdyBee

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Anè(she/her)
My birdies eat some TOPs with some homemade dry mix(currently out of that right now!). And then they get their daily veggies, fruit every now and then, and some seeds before bedtime :)

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Pam Clark has totally switched Erwin's diet. I was starting with the junk seed he was on and slowing switching to Zupreem. She didn't think that was a good course of action.

Now we have five bowls in Erwin's cage. One for junk seed and crumbled Nutriberries. One for water. One for chop. One for crumble Avicakes. One for Roudybush. The idea is he will start eating more Nutriberries, Avicakes, and Roudybush when the junk seed is slowly removed and more Nutriberries added. He will also be easier to target train when junk seed is removed. She reminded us that Nutriberries and Avicakes are a complete meal, not just treats.

Pam did not recommend TOPs or Psittacus. She likes Harrison's but has noticed cockatiels are more likely to eat Roudybush than Harrison's.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
I think Quarter actually likes his Vetafarm more than his Passwell, even though he has only started eating Vetafarm recently.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I give my Senegal Tropican but with really small success. I would like to try zupreem fruity but for some reasons it is not available in europe apparently.
I was told by a UK supplier Zupreem fruity is no longer available in Europe as it contains a ingredient that has been banned by the EU.

@Zara

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I was told by a UK supplier Zupreem fruity is no longer available in Europe as it contains a ingredient that has been banned by the EU.

@Zara
Interesting. Thanks for sharing! Did they say which ingredient?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo and KiKi are both eating a mix of Harrisons pepper,Roudybush daily maintenance small and medium and pretty bird daily maintenance medium.

I had some issues earlier in getting hold of Roudybush so feel more comfortable with them getting a variety in case it happens again.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Interesting. Thanks for sharing! Did they say which ingredient?
Unfortunately not i did e mail and ask but they couldnt confirm for me.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Pam Clark has totally switched Erwin's diet. I was starting with the junk seed he was on and slowing switching to Zupreem. She didn't think that was a good course of action.

Now we have five bowls in Erwin's cage. One for junk seed and crumbled Nutriberries. One for water. One for chop. One for crumble Avicakes. One for Roudybush. The idea is he will start eating more Nutriberries, Avicakes, and Roudybush when the junk seed is slowly removed and more Nutriberries added. He will also be easier to target train when junk seed is removed. She reminded us that Nutriberries and Avicakes are a complete meal, not just treats.

Pam did not recommend TOPs or Psittacus. She likes Harrison's but has noticed cockatiels are more likely to eat Roudybush than Harrison's.
Did she say why she didn't like Psittacus?

For Ripley I wish Nutriberries were a full diet :lol: He only eats the safflower seeds and leaves the rest. I weighed his before and after bowls and he as wasting over 90% of the food! So sadly it didn't work for him.

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Did she say why she didn't like Psittacus?

For Ripley I wish Nutriberries were a full diet :lol: He only eats the safflower seeds and leaves the rest. I weighed his before and after bowls and he as wasting over 90% of the food! So sadly it didn't work for him.
To paraphrase, she said it was a faddy food company and that there is no real species-to-species differentiation of avaian food studies and that the fat content was too high.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
To paraphrase, she said it was a faddy food company and that there is no real species-to-species differentiation of avaian food studies and that the fat content was too high.
Good to know :) Part of the reason I'm feeding it is because of the higher fat content :lol:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
My guys are fed a small amount of Tops mixed in with their homemade seed diet plus fresh whole foods :D