• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does this poop mean?

Ruby

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Asma
Quick update about my bird.

This is her poop yesterday and today.

Plus she is back to her normal self and playing and eating properly and even flying happily.

I am still taking her to the vet today but I was wondering what is happening with her.

I kept calling all the vets to find an avian vet that can give proper tests and medications.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Can I suggest that you relocate either the food dish or the perch that I assume is directly above that food dish. There are a lot of poops in that dish, birds foraging through poop are much more likely to become unwell due to the bacteria they have to come into contact with while eating which is something they do many times a day.

Ruby

Real Name
Asma
Can I suggest that you relocate either the food dish or the perch that I assume is directly above that food dish. There are a lot of poops in that dish, birds foraging through poop are much more likely to become unwell due to the bacteria they have to come into contact with while eating which is something they do many times a day.

Actually there is no perch above the food bowl, she was sleeping and perching in the bowl yesterday.
I kept placing her on her perch and she comes back to the pellets bowl. I washed it and desinfect it properly this morning.

thank you so much.

Ruby

Real Name
Asma
I just came back from the vet.

My husband somehow lost the droppings sample :’(.

And my baby didn’t poop in her travel cage since I put her in. But the vet checked on her and he said she might have Intestinal bacteria.
We showed him the droppings from yesterday.

he gave me this and told me to give her 0.2 twice a day for 5 days.

Now I don’t know if any could give me advice should I give her ? Is it safe for her ?

Attachments

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
And my baby didn’t poop in her cage since I put her in. But the vet checked on her and he said she might have Intestinal bacteria. We showed him the droppings from yesterday.

Now I don’t know if any could give me advice should I give her ? Is it safe for her ?
Glad you have taken her to vet hope her poo better soon

Ruby

Real Name
Asma
Her droppings are normal today but she does seem a bit off.
Sometimes playful and others she would seem sleepy and tired.
I try not to tire her and I asked my daughter to understand that she needs to rest to get back to health.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura

And my baby didn’t poop in her travel cage since I put her in. But the vet checked on her and he said she might have Intestinal bacteria.
We showed him the droppings from yesterday.

I've not used this, but that doesn't mean it's not perfectly safe. I'd follow your veterinarians recommendations, they are the trained professional who had hand in your bird.

Her poops do look better! Tho not every poop mine had while dealing with the Chlamydia infection were abnormal. But still is great news! Hopefully she if feeling great soonest!

Ruby

Real Name
Asma
I've not used this, but that doesn't mean it's not perfectly safe. I'd follow your veterinarians recommendations, they are the trained professional who had hand in your bird.

Her poops do look better! Tho not every poop mine had while dealing with the Chlamydia infection were abnormal. But still is great news! Hopefully she if feeling great soonest!
Thank you very much for your help and thanks to everyone.

Yeah, I thought that she would not recover by herself.
The vet said they have test for droppings if there is bacteria in it, but they dont have a specialized test to name the exact bacteria.

Plus, Is it ok? the vet told me to use the medication for 5 days only. I am afraid that this might not be enough, if she really have chlamydia.

am sending droppings sample tomorrow.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
It takes a blood sample sent to special labs for Chlamydia. I'm not as knowledgeable on testing. My veterinarian will treat for it she feels thst it's likely...as the tests aren't always accurate and take a while to come back . At first we treated for just infection...until things developed and whole flock fell sick and then that matched Chlamydia.

That being said, there are other infections can cause similar symptoms. So best not to borrow trouble. Go with your doctor orders. See how things go. Maybe this all she needs.