• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What animals are in your yard or local region?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Well that was fast. My husband is on his way to meet the rehabber.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm hoping with a wing amputation it can have a wonderful life as an ambassador. Fingers crossed. Thanks for getting him help so quickly.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
The poor Owl had to be euthanized. His wing was shattered and one leg was broken in multiple places and the other was dislocated at the hip. The rehabber and the vet decided that it would not have any quality of life. I wish we had discovered him earlier and trapped him. At least part of the injuries to the wing were caused by my dog.

:sad2:

Michael does not have any obvious injuries.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
We have a very cute crested dove family who visit to feast on duck food. Sorry for the photo quality, just grabbed a quick shot via my phone.

My duckies rarely eat their pellets, they prefer foraging, and I am pretty sure they eat mud :roflmao: it amazes me how they continue to find food in there.
PXL_20220701_220357666.jpg PXL_20220701_220415315.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
We have a very cute crested dove family who visit to feast on duck food. Sorry for the photo quality, just grabbed a quick shot via my phone.

My duckies rarely eat their pellets, they prefer foraging, and I am pretty sure they eat mud :roflmao: it amazes me how they continue to find food in there.
View attachment 409565 View attachment 409566
Aww Birdie has these guys visit him to eat his scraps. They’re funny birds.

Edit: just realised you called them doves- I thought they were called crested pigeons.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Edit: just realised you called them doves- I thought they were called crested pigeons.
All pigeons are doves! So I tend to call all pigeons doves, :geek: only because I am a weirdo! But yes you are right, they are crested pigeons.

I will share a link to birdlife for anyone who wants to see a better photo/ and more info :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
All pigeons are doves! So I tend to call all pigeons doves, :geek: only because I am a weirdo! But yes you are right, they are crested pigeons.

I will share a link to birdlife for anyone who wants to see a better photo/ and more info :)
Oh well there ya go, that is my new thing I learned today. I must admit that pigeons are not my favorite birds so I actually do not know an awful lot about them.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Well I didn't see my baby (well they aren't babies anymore) ducks but took a quick video of my hidden creek.

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I live by a big dam that is a big attraction (think like a small Central Park in NYC, events, food trucks, etc so it pushes the animals to the edges and we see a lot of small animals. Field mice, opossums, foxes, wolves, turkeys, feral cats, hawks. One time I was a teen, and I saw an animal dead and hit by a car on the side of the road of a residential street. In my infinite wisdom, I was like this is a wolverineeeee :banghead: it was a beaver guys hahaha but I had never seen one in person and it was so strange looking and i still don’t know how it ended up there.

Also, it is right by a “city” type area and they have a big crow problem. Like when they fly at once, it’s actually a little scary haha the sky gets dark for a second. Anyone that knows crows, knows how intelligent and spiteful they can be.