• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent What’s wrong with my lovebird

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
Hi,
I took my lovebird to the vet yesterday to check on her frequent regurgitation, they did a fecal gram stain and it was clean.
They did blood work but I have yet to receive the results, I asked for a crop swab but the vet didn’t want to resort to that just yet out of fear of the risks.
Last night I found her on the bottom of her cage so I rushed her back to the vet, she was alert and still being active when she got there so they sent her back home and suggested warmth until we get the results.
I set her up in a tank at first but she hated it, she kept trying to fly out and banging her bowls against the glass, while screaming. This gave me some reassurance that she was OK.
I then transferred her to a travel cage with all her belongings and a heat lamp.
She woke up a few times at night to regurgitate and eat.

This morning she’s mostly been napping on her perch fluffed up.
I’m so worried and I have no idea what to do anymore.
I don’t know what’s wrong with her, I don’t know if these are hormones anymore.
She sleeps fluffed up for a lot of they day everyday, she barely sleeps at night, I constantly hear her moving.
I’m extremely worried. Could this be Avian Gastric Yeast? I asked the vet but she said there were no symptoms and they gram stains were clean but I’m still worried.

Any advice would be appreciated I don’t know what to do

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
Hi,
I took my lovebird to the vet yesterday to check on her frequent regurgitation, they did a fecal gram stain and it was clean.
They did blood work but I have yet to receive the results, I asked for a crop swab but the vet didn’t want to resort to that just yet out of fear of the risks.
Last night I found her on the bottom of her cage so I rushed her back to the vet, she was alert and still being active when she got there so they sent her back home and suggested warmth until we get the results.
I set her up in a tank at first but she hated it, she kept trying to fly out and banging her bowls against the glass, while screaming. This gave me some reassurance that she was OK.
I then transferred her to a travel cage with all her belongings and a heat lamp.
She woke up a few times at night to regurgitate and eat.

This morning she’s mostly been napping on her perch fluffed up.
I’m so worried and I have no idea what to do anymore.
I don’t know what’s wrong with her, I don’t know if these are hormones anymore.
She sleeps fluffed up for a lot of they day everyday, she barely sleeps at night, I constantly hear her moving.
I’m extremely worried. Could this be Avian Gastric Yeast? I asked the vet but she said there were no symptoms and they gram stains were clean but I’m still worried.

Any advice would be appreciated I don’t know what to do

Attachments

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where are you located? I’d suggest a second opinion. Has she had any blood work?