• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Watery Budgie Poop

K&W

Moving in
For the past 3 ish days my 3 year old male budgie Mickey's droppings have been watery and oddly shaped. We have had him for 2 years and nothing sudden in his surroundings have changed. I have Seperated him from his 3 year old male budgie friend and put him in a smaller cage right beside each-other. My avian vet is curently closed until the 23rd ( 2 days from now ) and I am worried he will not make it until then.

He eats Harrison's super fine pellets and I am currently adding a small amount of apple cider into his water ( as suggested by my local bird shop to fix this problem )

I have removed the cage liner to see how watery his droppings are ( as seen in the photos attached )

if you have encountered a similar problem with your birds or have heard anything on how to fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to help him get through the next 2 days

66960190493__D83642C5-0AE1-4173-AAAF-836A986C2D7F.jpeg IMG_2703.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How is your bird doing now?

(Bump - 911 thread)