• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Walking the walk (with MC) **UPDATE**

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Oh no. I’m so sorry to read about MC :(
I had no idea he wasn’t well since I’ve been gone for months:(
Saroj,

My life hasn't been the same since the bump was discovered last December. There have been so many up and downs in this journey. It breaks your heart for them because you truly do not know WHAT they are feeling.

I need to concentrate and remember that God blessed me with a wonderful buddy for a long period of time. So many never experience that.

Secret is being loving now and requesting head skritches in the morning and evening (even on my lap at one point).

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Saroj,

My life hasn't been the same since the bump was discovered last December. There have been so many up and downs in this journey. It breaks your heart for them because you truly do not know WHAT they are feeling.

I need to concentrate and remember that God blessed me with a wonderful buddy for a long period of time. So many never experience that.

Secret is being loving now and requesting head skritches in the morning and evening (even on my lap at one point).
Lots of ❤❤❤ to you and Secret:hug9:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Saroj,

When I logged in and saw your post early April i thought it was a daily quarantine walk pictures thread. There were so many replies I was going to catch up in a bit. When I read it I found what a heartache you were going through. You loved MC so much ❤❤❤. I am so sorry you lost him. :hug9:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I truly, truly did and still do.

He was my heart (and the reason we kept both birds). Originally it was a rescue, tame them, and find homes for them mission. We failed because I fell in love.

Even though Secret could, and did, rip my flesh... we figured underneath the crusty exterior there could be a good Amazon waiting to come out. Maybe that's what is happening now, as Secret grieves.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you and Secret.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I truly, truly did and still do.

He was my heart (and the reason we kept both birds). Originally it was a rescue, tame them, and find homes for them mission. We failed because I fell in love.

Even though Secret could, and did, rip my flesh... we figured underneath the crusty exterior there could be a good Amazon waiting to come out. Maybe that's what is happening now, as Secret grieves.
When Nerds brother Ferd died he was stuck with me and we both grieved together and bonded. He was my best friend for the next 30 or so years. Lurch was much more like Secret and very pissed off and mad at the world and after time he chose and trusted me. I sure miss them both and think of them every day. It was worth it to me and they both enriched my life and were happy. :bluhug:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
@Clueless I haven't been here long enough to know your past story with MC. If you'd want to share, I'd love to hear it. If it just makes you sad, I sure get that. :heart:
I started to look for threads for you but it's emotionally hard right now.

I may have posted details when I won one of the avenue awards. You can look into those, they are saved on the forum.

If you go to the search button on the top of our screen, you can search for MC and posts or threads by Clueless.

Searches are a valuable resource and can serve you well in the future. I use that feature quite often.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
@Clueless I haven't been here long enough to know your past story with MC. If you'd want to share, I'd love to hear it. If it just makes you sad, I sure get that. :heart:
Check this out.....

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Check this out.....
Thanks so much for sharing the link. Wonderful story. Such beautiful birds.
:sadhug2:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What lucky birds they are to have found you! Those photos are priceless. MC knew that you were the one to help them. You know that when he sees you at the bridge he will be coming at you full force yelling “Hi!”:heart:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
What lucky birds they are to have found you! Those photos are priceless. MC knew that you were the one to help them. You know that when he sees you at the bridge he will be coming at you full force yelling “Hi!”:heart:
My buddy.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I started to look for threads for you but it's emotionally hard right now.

I may have posted details when I won one of the avenue awards. You can look into those, they are saved on the forum.

If you go to the search button on the top of our screen, you can search for MC and posts or threads by Clueless.

Searches are a valuable resource and can serve you well in the future. I use that feature quite often.
My heart hurts so badly for you right now. :sadhug2:

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
You and MC have been in my thoughts since I found out about MC. I was going to ask if you would tell us of the time you found MC. I figured you would be too emotionally raw right now. Thank you for your sharing of MC and story of how you found him. There are no words I can post that will help you feel better. Time will heal and remember we are always here for you. MC was a wonderful bird and you are a wonderful person. Hugs.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so sorry for your loss. How absolutely awful, horrible. My heart breaks for you and your little mini Wasabi. The original bit me today, BTW. But that’s alright. He did not get a good grip. Poor little Secret. :sad2:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I am so sorry for your loss. How absolutely awful, horrible. My heart breaks for you and your little mini Wasabi. The original bit me today, BTW. But that’s alright. He did not get a good grip. Poor little Secret. :sad2:
It was hard to share the loss with Secret. I had read for years that you must share the loss with their flock or they don't know or understand.

It was a vet we didn't know on Tuesday that helped MC to depart this life. Very very caring and heart wrenching for her. She told my husband the same thing, that we needed to share the closure with Secret.

Secret immediately knew. As a parrot owner we know to read them. The reaction was so intense that hubby is still talking about it. We left MC outside Secret's cage for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Secret is still a changed bird. I feel for her.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Secret bit hubby... hard... this morning. Guess the bird is getting back to normal. Sigh.

I told Secret if any nutriberries are given, hubby has to give them today.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I'm so sorry for your loss of MC.
They fly into our hearts, and leave feather dust on our souls... forever....

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Secret is probably letting her feelings be known that she is upset and mad that her friend is gone so she is acting out.
Do you know if the grief goes in stages? Maybe we are in the second stage.

It was vicious.

Hubby was scratching her head (she's been affectionate and loving lately) and suddenly Secret flew into the bars to bite him.