• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

VET INFO

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm sorry I'll have to pull you on that. You are not a vet so you can't suggest that. There are other causes for yellowing feathers including vitamin deficiencies, something you have also suggested.

You're right, there could be other possibilities for yellow feathers. Also right, I'm not a vet! Some things do tend to go hand in hand... and the only way to confirm how healthy they are is to get some lab work done. If they don't have liver failure, then great! If they do however, then 2birdies can get them onto supplements and work on a healthier diet ASAP! None of us can be sure until more tests are done.

Now, if you re-read what I said, I didn't say they had liver failure. I said it appears as if they do, as in they might. That is, something to consider, something to look into.

@2birdies I hope you are able to get some answers and you are able to get them on the right tract to being healthy, happy birds!

2birdies

Moving in
I bought a Avian zoo med sun uva & uvb light today! :) & I noticed a new booboo today :( right above the beak, I been waiting for the vet to return my call since Saturday, I called yesterday & she said the vet wold call me & still I haven't heard from anyone.

Attachments

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I bought a Avian zoo med sun uva & uvb light today! :) & I noticed a new booboo today :( right above the beak, I been waiting for the vet to return my call since Saturday, I called yesterday & she said the vet wold call me & still I haven't heard from anyone.

*PLEASE* do not place the lamp close to the cage! It has a burn in period that *WILL* cause burns to their eyes, and since they are missing feathers, probably also to their bare skin. Place the lamp further away than recommend for their safety.