• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Keoki

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
50F5A64F-C44D-4871-9E06-2EA0204C1577.jpeg My handsome boy, Keoki. So it got a little stressful the last few days, handfeeding is O V E R! At least I think it is. I will keep a close eye on his weight. Last night when I tried to feed him he flew away from me, twice. I got the message loud and clear. Weighed him today 114 grams. He goes to the vet next Saturday, so looking forward to that visit! Anyway everyday he is changing. Isn’t he just so handsome!!

Last edited:

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Good news about the hand feeding. You can still continue to offer, just in case. Looks like he (or maybe she) is balancing nicely on the Boing.
He (hope he’s a he) :roflmao: loves the boing! When he is out of his cage, that where he wants to be. I’m not offering anymore, yesterday in the am he refused the feeding and in the pm he spit it out and flew away.. haha lil monkey butt! I’m working on our bonding, he is just such a funny guy. He kept saying “what are you doing?” My parakeet Gary now mimics Keoki’s sounds. His normal “hissy fit” sound is driving me a little crazy, but he’s been a little better the last few days.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Such a beauty!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

geff

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Geoff
How cute is Keoki. "He"is a beauty.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He is beautiful.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
So very handsome! :)

Susan in So Cal

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Such a handsome boy!!

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Such a handsome boy!!
Hi Susan, thank you. His new cage arrived today. Yay! Omg!! It was a snap to put together, and he loves the play top area, but I still wish it was larger. It’s hard to get what you need here in Hawaii. I think it will do for now. He’s still in his other cage for the night. Tomorrow is move in day or at least explore. :birdance:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Susan, thank you. His new cage arrived today. Yay! Omg!! It was a snap to put together, and he loves the play top area, but I still wish it was larger. It’s hard to get what you need here in Hawaii. I think it will do for now. He’s still in his other cage for the night. Tomorrow is move in day or at least explore. :birdance:
Great that all is good with the new cage and that it was easy to put together. Maybe some time in the near or distant future you can get him a larger cage.
Post some photos of the new cage when you get a chance. Hope Keoki likes it.

Last edited:

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
I don’t know how you all do it with multiple birds. Oh what’s one more, right!
One more bird is a gamble at upsetting the flock dynamics. Things are very peaceful right now and I don't want to ruin that! ;) That's always the first thing that halts MBS for me, anyway.
Also another cage to accommodate, vet bill to consider, beak to feed, mess to clean,...

I'm comfortable and secure, but at my max. :p