• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Keoki

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe he didn't want to perch on the bungee and he was angry that you moved him over there. Sometimes things that are routine change and birds can like something and then not like that item any more and then like it again.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Maybe he didn't want to perch on the bungee and he was angry that you moved him over there. Sometimes things that are routine change and birds can like something and then not like that item any more and then like it again.
I think he wanted to go to bed, and I put him on that bungee instead so he was PO’d. Once he calmed down I moved him to his bungee in my bedroom. I looked at my watch it was like 7:10 p.m. Within minutes he was content and beak grinding. The last two night since he’s been keeping the same routine. Starring around 6:50-7:00 pm he wants to go to bed. He has this begging noise he makes. So when he starts making that sound I now know what he wants. Also for the last two days now when he gets up he says “morning” today more than ever. So cute to hear him talking. He mumbles and mimics, but this ‘morning’ is quite clear.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Keoki is molting and is so itchy. Poor guy... he seems to be handling it so far so good.He takes baths on his own now, as necessary I guess. We got home some new toys that he is really enjoying. Anyone else have that terrible virus going around.. I’m heading into week 3, still sick .

08C981D5-A5D6-4C62-8CD7-DCE6C8B1C57B.jpeg 6D9E9541-96B9-4D24-A077-36FE339BC868.jpeg
21CDBC96-7EF2-4350-83FB-9550A42DA51D.jpeg

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am having a procedure done for the next 3 weeks and have to wear a mask whenever I go out.. After you mentioned the flu makes the mask look pretty good!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon.
Keoki has lots of nice things. He's so cute. I see that he is losing the orange on his forehead.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Keoki is lovely. He looks so happy on his hammock. :xflove:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What a cute little set up you've created for Keoki!

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
So sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon.
Keoki has lots of nice things. He's so cute. I see that he is losing the orange on his forehead.
Thank you. Going on three weeks. I am feeling better, but just can’t seem to shake the end of it. I may resort to going to the doctor. Anyway, yeah Keoki is losing those lil orange feathers and new ones are coming in. He is scratching a lot, around his head and neck area. We hung his bungee next to his cage.i just got that sea grass hammock thingy, he loves it.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
What a cute little set up you've created for Keoki!
Thank you! it’s been a work in progress for some time. I want to hang a cargo net above his cage, just haven’t figured out how to either make on or purchase one.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Where did you get his mat?

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Thanks, shes gonna love it but I better a spare, shes a chewer from the word go!!!

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Thanks, shes gonna love it but I better a spare, shes a chewer from the word go!!!
I bought a smaller one and ended up giving it to my daughter for Gary. He loves it. Then I got this one and thought it might me too big, but my husband talked me into seeing how keoki would like it. It’s been the best purchase yet.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
My Pi (the plumhead :p) would gobble up all that cotton! Does Keoki ever pick on the cotton?

Clearly with Pi, I can never give him cotton toys, but he doesn't mind. He likes his blocks!

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
My Pi (the plumhead :p) would gobble up all that cotton! Does Keoki ever pick on the cotton?

Clearly with Pi, I can never give him cotton toys, but he doesn't mind. He likes his blocks!
nope not so far, thankfully. When the bungee wears out I am going replace the cotton with sisal rope or something similar. That’s what I did with the orb.