• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

<UPDATE..FOUND!>Just lost my Macaw Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

looniebirds

Jogging around the block
Real Name
melody
Re: Just lost my Macaw Help!

I wish I could just will him to come down to you from here. C'mon Turbo, you can do it!

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran

C'mon Turbo! You can do it!!:hug8:

Autumn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Autumn

As of 4:26 Turbo is still in the tree in our back yard. The last two night's she has flown and roosted for the night and then flown again in the morning. In between that she has done a little tree hopping. After last nights scare at how far away she has gone, idk what to think. I just hope and pray she will for what ever reason stay in our backyard or will just come to my 7' tall cedar tree or land on her cage. I am both mentally and physically exhausted. I will fight off my mind and body until she comes home, it's just hard. Sadly the wind has picked up some. But so far the fact that she has not tree hopped from where she flew this morning is a good sign!! These next few hours are going to be tense! I'm clocking out of work and heading home right now. I will send an update when I can! Thank you everyone, your support means the world to us!

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice

Autumn, you will get her back. Please take care of yourself and know we are all pulling for you and your family. :hug8:

deee

Avenue Veteran

can somome climb thst tree with a net?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne

come on Turbo..you are soooooooooo close..I just know she will come down today!!

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy

Turbo you are so close to home!! You've made it so far - just fly down to your cage today!!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie

Since she's flying around and comes back to your yard is there a door you can leave open that she can see from the yard? It's a long shot but she may chose to fly in if you stand a little inside the doorway and call her. She's apparently very comfortable coming back to the yard.

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice

I don't know if this is good advice but it was given to me by my Dad when my Wilma flew out. He told me I had too many people at my house, he said she doesn't know these people and she is going to watch from a distance because of so many people being at her home. He urged me to make people leave. I will say that when she did come home I was sitting on the porch drinking my morning coffee and yelling for her. I was by myself and she landed in the high tree behind my house and then to a lower one and then in my arms. You may want to tell strangers to go home since you know where she is.

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary

You might try this, take a stainless cage dish and drop pennies in it to get Turbos's attention. Maybe try pouring water from a pitcher into a cage dish, something he recognizes.

Gary

JeanetteMcgraw

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jeanette Mcgraw
Hang in there, Turbo is so close ! Something made Turbo fly back to your back yard ! That something is called home. Wishing for a homecoming today 

Autumn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Autumn

She bolted out of the tree thinking due to the wind picking up. My son was not outside when it happened so no clue what direction she went. I can't hear her or see her. Jarrett my son and friends have rode their bikes all over trying to hear her. Nothing. I have been on the roof, on foot, in my truck, you name it. Not even a far away sound. I fear the worst.

deee

Avenue Veteran

Im so sorry... this is one of the times I dont know what else to say.... my heart and prayers are with you and the family. <3

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie

Autumn, even though it's difficult, try and maintain a grip on your emotions. She's been flying around coming back to your yard so she has a good sense of where home is. Continue to call her and make yourself visible in the yard as well as making food noises, etc. :hug5:

patagonian

Hit the Road

Oh My gosh!!!! I have tears coming to my eyes reading this!!! I empathize with you totally!! Hugs!

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary

Please relax!

At night what you can use is a high intensity spot light. These have rechargeable packs for both car cigarette lighter and wall outlet. The large ones are great for illuminating trees at night. You can buy them at an auto supply, K-Mart, etc. I have found birds at nights using this type of lighting, as colored parrots stand out among the branches. The bigger the light the better! Buy one tonight you will be glad you did.

Something like these: Spot Lights

Gary

paulievonbeaker

Walking the driveway

Spotlights and noise, keep it up, momma! Thinking about you guys...

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne

stay out t here as long as you can....she is obviously hanging around but afraid..she will come down..I just know it :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.