• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

<UPDATE..FOUND!>Just lost my Macaw Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Re: Just lost my Macaw Help!

Not sure if this will help, but there was a B&G macaw up in a tree for six days a couple of years ago. He eventually flew down once we got a big SS bowl of water and started tossing the water up in the air with our hands. I assume he was so thirsty that it gave him the courage to fly down. Prayers that your baby comes down soon.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger

Turbo, you need to come down today Sweetheart. Don't be scared just keep your focus on your family and they will give you encouragement and help you be brave. They can't fly up to you, you need to come down. There will be all your favorite's to eat, fresh clean water and lots and lots of hugs and snuggles.

Ginger

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

I am going to talk to Troy as soon as he is coherent{he just woke up} I am thinking if I left about 2:30-3:00 I could beat the traffic and get there just before you do.Also, I won't have to leave my dog alone too long. No promises, but I will do my best to convince him to agree.:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne

praying and hoping she comes down today.....

Autumn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Autumn

I got up at 5 am. Turbo was still in the tree way down our street. With food dish in hand as daylight came I perked her interest. I started walking home. Next thing I knew she flew over my head and guess what???? Landed in another 50' pine tree but this time she is right in our own back yard. She is loving the sounds of her food being filled in the dish and put into her cage. She has a perfect view of us, her cage, her flight pen everything!!!! So close that she Knows food and water are just below her! I have to get ready for work but hubby is home and very excited at where she is. Right now he is up on our roof. Please prayers and positive thoughts this is day 3 and we need all the support we can get!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

That's very optimistic news.:) Come on Turbo! It's time to come home now!!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Oh that is wonderful Autumn!!! Come on Turbo..fun and games are over, and you know you are so very hungry & thirsty!! Have hubby take some SS bowls of water out and splash his hands in it. Bring a bottle to keep refilling it. I think water might be a powerful draw.
Sending tons of positive energy that Turbo will fly down!!:hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany

Oh how wonderful that she is back in your backyard! :highfive: I am sending over prayers and positive vibes that your husband can entice her to come to him... :) Come home Turbo to Daddy and Mommy... Hey I have a idea!! Get your sister to come over with her ZON and pay all this attention to her bird (even though she blew you off the other day, today is a new day)... This may make Turbo jeolous enough to come down by you.. My birds are insanely jeolous of each other.. :hug8:

Last edited:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye

This is good news! Keep those SS bowls (big ones if you have them) moving and more OUT where she can feel comfortable if she flies down....Are there "smaller" trees near where she is?????? maybe getting close to one of those might help also ....

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie

This is very encouraging news! I pray today is the day!

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award

Awesome, Turbo, come home today Sweetie!

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice

This is very encouraging! Hopefully she will see your husband on the roof and she will go to him! Send him up SS bowls of water, as many as you have and keep talking to her. My positive energy is being sent.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger

Turbo, if you can't fly down, start climbing down.

Ginger

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay

Just checking in....hoping for a rescue today!!! Come on Turbo, shake those tail feathers and fly home

Nelson & Gang

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana

I was actually going to suggest something very similar than what you are doing w/ the roof thing & your husband. I didn’t think I had anything to add to this ~ so I stayed out of it. It turns out I was talking w/ my husband & he reminded me of a suggestion that might help you. If anything, it can’t hurt to try it.

A few years back when we were in south FL a woman called us b/c their was a Moluccan cockatoo in her tree. We could not get the bird to come down either – it would only fly from tree to tree.

We took a great dane sized dog kennel & tied it into the tree in her back yard, close to where the bird was. We put food & water in the kennel (your birds favorite treats may be of benefit here). It took about 2 days, but the bird did come down & go in the kennel.

IAE ~ I hope you find something that works for you & you get your bird back. Our thoughts & prayers are w/ you.

abbydp

Real Name
Tara

I am thinking about you guys and hoping for a great message saying you have her back! I can not imagine how horribly frustrating it is for her to be right there and not be able to get to her. Hang in there! Everyone is pulling for you.

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')

COME ON, Turbo! You already nearly made it home!!! Fly to your daddy!!! You CAN DO IT!!!

:hug8::hug8::hug8:

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary

I think today will be the day when she comes down. You may want to have some children's pedialyte on hand mixed 50/50 with water to hydrate her. The electrolytes will help perk her up. Do not give her to much water at one time as she may be very dehydrated, a little at a time is the key.

Gary

Nelson & Gang

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana

I think today will be the day when she comes down. You may want to have some children's pedialyte on hand mixed 50/50 with water to hydrate her. The electrolytes will help perk her up. Do not give her to much water at one time as she may be very dehydrated, a little at a time is the key. Gary
Excellent recommendation!

*Avoid the grape flavored pedialyte*
Article Here

... I've only used the regular & orange flavor in the past @ the recommendation of the vet and w/out any difficulty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.