• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

~*~UPDATE #11!!~*~ Our Very First ~ SIDEWALK SALE ~ January 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
I just wanted to say thanks to all the vendors that participated in the sidewalk sale!I had a blast looking through all the sites and ordering goodies!

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I just wanted to say thanks to all the vendors that participated in the sidewalk sale!I had a blast looking through all the sites and ordering goodies!
Ordering Goodies? I'll say and then some! I just got done putting your order into my program for your Invoice/Receipt... thought I'd never get done! LOL!

Most orders that do not consist ofa Jolly Ball with toys will go out on Monday but for those who have Jolly Balls with toys... well, those do take time and did you know that my hubby does a fabulous job on the jolly ball toys? Yep! I have him trained well and don't have to pay him!! :hehe:

Thank you everyone and AJ - you ordered twice because you wanted to add the toy hangers, so I will adjust for your shipping costs and you'll get some credit back from that.

Thanks so much!

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
will there be diff thread to post pics of the stuff of what everybody ordered during the Sidewalk Sale when they get it..?
i think that'll be fun

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
will there be diff thread to post pics of the stuff of what everybody ordered during the Sidewalk Sale when they get it..?
i think that'll be fun
:excited1:I hope so! I want to see what everyone got :cheer:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh, one more question on the shelving unit - thats chrome right?

I also enjoyed myself with the online shopping! I didn't expect to spend as much as I did but it was so much FUN to look, add, and buy!
I didn't think chrome plating was safe for birds...i would lean more towards making a pvc gym....

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I thought you can't trust the coating on the shelves? I'd love to get a shelf set up like that, as long as it's safe. So...is it?
Only just noticed Danny's playgym being referenced :)

You can get them in plain SS, without the coating. I'm not concerned with mine as Danny chew's his toys, not his gym, and there's no flaking.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I didn't think chrome plating was safe for birds...i would lean more towards making a pvc gym....
IMO, you cant get the same degree of stability and sturdiness in a pvc gym for a structure this large.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
You are probably right Steve...I would go for the SS shelf though.

Not sure you know but Nani had zinc poisoning recently...we think it may have been the shower curtain rod...and it might have been chrome...I am a big worry wort now~!

hsmoscout

AJ - you ordered twice because you wanted to add the toy hangers, so I will adjust for your shipping costs and you'll get some credit back from that.
Thanks :D:D:D:D Awesome customer service! :dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

renaelock

Strolling the yard
Only just noticed Danny's playgym being referenced :)

You can get them in plain SS, without the coating. I'm not concerned with mine as Danny chew's his toys, not his gym, and there's no flaking.
Thanks for everyones continued discussion on the shelving unit and their concerns and experience with it. I'm no in a hurry to go get one so I will do some more shopping around to see if I can find a SS one and go from there. You all ROCK!

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I thought you can't trust the coating on the shelves? I'd love to get a shelf set up like that, as long as it's safe. So...is it?
I got a massive one from Lowes which is brushed nickel & much safer than chrome. it is the base to my massive play center that is in the works! It is top-secret until it is finished!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got a massive one from Lowes which is brushed nickel & much safer than chrome. it is the base to my massive play center that is in the works! It is top-secret until it is finished!
Hmm, need to find a nearby Lowe's...

danny

Strolling the yard
is there a list of vendors that have extended their sales?

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I bet if you were really nice, email them, most of them would let you have the sale today too :)
It looks like almost all. I see birdnerds and choppers are all weekend
Plus the ones that announced it in the Marketplace

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
My sale runs through until about 11pm of Sunday Jan 31st. on my Jolly Balls & More! site. You guys may never see me again because I am now buried under all the orders!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.