• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unusual poop from Kiwi :(

Takgu123

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello,

So my cockatiel (female) is now around 6 to 7 years old :D. However, she had an unusual poop :(. Kiwi likes to cuddle up or sleep during the day like her friends... this is nothing unusual... but I cannot decide whether she is feeling sick and cuddles/sleeps due to that or not:/... I did not change anythin in her diet, seeds, veggies, water; (everything is getting changed and cleaned daily) But I fear that she might be sick due to her unusual poop... Yesterday she had thicker poop but the days before she had watery and thicker poops... She also plays and flies like the other ones... they almost have the same "schedule"... does this poop look concerning?
What I also found out is that she has lost a few feather from her wings (as u can see in those pictures)

Attachments

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How often is she having unusual poops?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So, it’s all been in the last few days? Has she been nesty? Could she have an egg on the way? Sometimes hens have odd, watery poops before they lay.

Takgu123

Checking out the neighborhood
So, it’s all been in the last few days? Has she been nesty? Could she have an egg on the way? Sometimes hens have odd, watery poops before they lay.
Yes, around 5-7 days now. She has a few perches (kind of in the corner of her cage) that she regularly "visits"... she layed eggs in early june("empty" and small ones that she didnt take care of... XD) She was really sleepy then, more then now, so I do not think that she will lay eggs... but more so I hope that the unusual poop is "only" due to her being pregnant :(
And today most of her poops (if not all the poops) were watery... but I could not see them (pooped in her cage) just heard some watery droppings within 2 seconds
I think I´ll call the vet tomorrow and make an appointment, just to be sure that there is not osmething (or is something):no:

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Good you’re calling the vet just to be safe. I hope she’s okay!