• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Unique behavior in my bird

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hello!
My Green cheek conure looks like a massage on his head with his feet, but I'm so curious to do this. I want to know why he is doing this and is it normal behavior in conure.
Since the video was not attached, I uploaded a YouTube link, so if you have any problems, please let me know.
Thank you for reading my thread:heart2:

(Youtube link:
)

olivierr1

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivier
That is the cutest ever oh my! I'm no expert on behaviour but he looks like he's enjoying himself! So cute

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I've had a few Green Cheeks do that. It's quite endearing and so cute. Yes it's totally normal and possibly unique to conures(?).

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It is normal and it feels nice for him. My bird does this sometimes too and also he tickles under his chin in the same way. I would honestly be more concerned about the tent he is in than this behavior :)

peaches13

Strolling the yard
I've had a few Green Cheeks do that. It's quite endearing and so cute. Yes it's totally normal and possibly unique to conures(?).
That is good news to me. At least he seems happy. :thanks:

peaches13

Strolling the yard
It is normal and it feels nice for him. My bird does this sometimes too and also he tickles under his chin in the same way. I would honestly be more concerned about the tent he is in than this behavior :)
haha that is good to hear me. Oh no:sad2: I thought my bird's tent was okay, but I was worried that it was not. Then I would like to know what tent to use for conure.:thanks:

RainbowFlo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Estella
Hello!
My Green cheek conure looks like a massage on his head with his feet, but I'm so curious to do this. I want to know why he is doing this and is it normal behavior in conure.
Since the video was not attached, I uploaded a YouTube link, so if you have any problems, please let me know.
Thank you for reading my thread:heart2:

(Youtube link:
)
That is one of the most adorable things I've seen all week :joyful:

RainbowFlo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Estella
haha that is good to hear me. Oh no:sad2: I thought my bird's tent was okay, but I was worried that it was not. Then I would like to know what tent to use for conure.:thanks:
I think seagrass tents are a safer option.The tent/snuggle hut is potentially dangerous because threads easily come loose and a bird can either eat then causing crop impaction or get tied in it. That is a danger with basically almost all cotton. Natural stuff eg. Seagrass and rattan is safer :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I think seagrass tents are a safer option.The tent/snuggle hut is potentially dangerous because threads easily come loose and a bird can either eat then causing crop impaction or get tied in it. That is a danger with basically almost all cotton. Natural stuff eg. Seagrass and rattan is safer :)
I totally agree with RainbowFlo. Some people use them with no issues and others have some of the most saddening and serious issues that it is just not worth the risk in my mind. Many people have lost birds or had birds with serious injuries from the threads on the huts, others have hormonal issues because of the huts. If you are going to use one then please make sure you thoroughly check it every single day for any loose threads or any areas where your bird may be chewing and replace or remove it as needed. :)