• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

two young ringnecks introduction issues

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
How old are these birds? The female seems to be a "green" . My Kiwi is a "grey/green" with a few grey tips on her wings and tail. Your male will get his ring in adulthood after a year to 18 months. Your female will have her full coloring after her first heavy molt . SAM_0114 (2).JPG

Mccookrem

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rick
the green is 6 mo and the blue is 7 mo according to people I bought from she is more vocal than him.

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
If you have a male he won't get his ring until he is about 1 1/2, give or take a couple of months. If your female is a true "green" her coloring won't change very much. From what people tell me males are usually more vocal but my female is very vocal, she is the loudest bird I have ever had and she talks quite a bit. Never get a bird thinking they are going to speak...some do...some don't, regardless of sex

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
when i brought my cockatiel home, i was hoping that he and my kakariki would be best of pals, a romantic vision on my part. (oh dear i have so much to learn). well they definately like each other, and they do bath together now (huge progress) they dont need to best of pals. but i sense comfort that they know the other exists

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
so, prob what i'm trying to say is, dont worry too much because time sorts things out. best not to rush and overwhelm them. maybe best also to keep their cages apart so they have space from the other, and perhaps let them out individually for now. that way they can watch from the security of their cage and get to understand each others antics and body language. so important to give them a chance, to accept and get used to each other.