• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Caiques Looking for a New Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip&Sprout

Checking out the neighborhood
We are looking to rehome our two caiques located in NYC. One male one is female ,about 3.5 years of age. They are in great health and extremely intelligent and entertaining. They get along great and share the same cage. Unfortunately, we don't have the time and attention for them that they need and deserve. We are looking to give them away for free along with all their cages and toys so the new owner would not need to purchase anything additional. The only requirement is that the individual has had experience with birds and enough room and time to care for them them. Pictures are below and happy to answer any questions.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Sorry that you are considering rehoming your Caiques. I hope that you can find a good home for them. Make sure that this is the best thing for them before you proceed. Even giving them some quality time as opposed to quantity can be worthwhile.
BTW, can't see the photos.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am sorry that you need to re home. Its not fun, I just did this a few month ago and understand. Hopefully someone will respond.

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Wish you were closer.

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
Wish I were closer as would love to give them a home.

HawkEagle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paulina
Hello Pip&Sprout. Very sorry to hear you need to re-home your birds. I hope they find new and loving owners.
Are you sure that you cannot look after them? How about leaving work early, or is that not possible? You have such stunning birds. Please make sure that before you give them away you make sure that their new owner is responsible and enthusiastic on birds.

Paulina

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I wish there was a way to get them here. I am retired and home 90% of the time. My husband has also retired. I'm not young..60 but in great health with no medical issues that limit me. I only have one other pet...Kiwi. We own our own home. It would be an extremely stable environment for them. I have had birds as long as I can remember...keets, tiels and now Kiwi.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Will you ship? Many people have done that with good results. I know an African grey that was shipped from Washington state to Pa. Buyer usually pays shipping.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I'm sure the best case scenario would be to find someone local...best for them and you. In the case you can't, just keep me in mind. I know it must be really difficult to give them up regardless of who you give them to.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I'm probably more than a days drive from NYC. I am in Vestavia Hills, AL. You can still keep me in mind as a possibility. I hate the thought of craigslist : (

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm probably more than a days drive from NYC. I am in Vestavia Hills, AL. You can still keep me in mind as a possibility. I hate the thought of craigslist : (
Maybe we can do an AA train?

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Have you had any success in finding a new home for your caiques?

Pip&Sprout

Checking out the neighborhood
Nope. Still here!

Janice, thanks for the interest. Alabama is a bit far though

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Thought so but wanted to give you the option. Even Sunnysmom's suggestion sounded possible. I know people who rescue dogs and they do that quite flawlessly.

Last edited:

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
How far are you from Charleston, SC? My son is doing his residency there, is that a possibility? I think its about 10 hours by car.

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I know in the past aa members have helped with transport - the "train". It could work. ..

luckym

Meeting neighbors
I live out on Long Island, and I have two lovebirds and a caique myself. I'm able to spend lots of time with them and can give them a loving home if you still looking for a home for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.