• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Treat Ideas?

Birbs02

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren
Hello I have a little budgie named Belle who is really picky with her foods. I really want to try and add some new treats and snacks in to her diet but all the pack at the pet store seem to be too big or too hard for her little beak. Feel free to post here what snacks your budgies like to munch on!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Sunflower seeds and millet seem to be The Fav for most birds. My birds will do nearly anything for both :roflmao:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Hello I have a little budgie named Belle who is really picky with her foods. I really want to try and add some new treats and snacks in to her diet but all the pack at the pet store seem to be too big or too hard for her little beak. Feel free to post here what snacks your budgies like to munch on!
Her little beak is able to chew through wood, so don't be fooled ;)
My budgies love millet and seeds but they only get those as treats (seeds in foraging toys, millet for training) because they are too high on energy and I don't want my budgies to be overweight. Had a little guy that passed out that way. He was probably sick from birth so I'm not sure if he died from bad diet but I'm sure not gonna take chances with my other birds. They get pellets, sprouted seeds and fresh chopped veggies. To get them to accept the chop I sprinkled a little millet on the top until I knew they were eating the veggies. After that I started giving them sprouted seeds, I put them under the veggies :D

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Thank you! I’m really interesting in trying sprouted seeds.
Try here:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I once had a little hen that managed to comletely pulverize a set of PVC blinds. I mean there was nothing but shreds left. Those things are hard plastic...lol.
Yeah... I'm very afraid for the top of my windows, Nova had discovered them a little while ago.. :scared2: