• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Training Step-up Wand

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
training-wand.jpg
For more photos, please follow link bellow:
BIRD TOY: Step-Up Training WAND | Etsy

If your bundle of fluff has been flunking step-up school, this training wand might be just what you need! This dedicated step-up perch is decorated with unique wood-burning patterns and wrapped with hemp string to make it easier for your birdie to get on and off it. For the more reluctant or shy little birbs, having a treat on the perch should make it easier to persuade them to get on it. So four little holes of varying diameters allow you to easily attach a little reward (aka, millet!) to the end of the wand. And if your parrot doesn't care for millet, no problem! Just put a few seeds or a small piece of their favorite treat in the larger hole at the tip of the perch and problem solved! (My sun conure Luna, for example, will do just about anything for a tiny bit of dried papaya) The inscription on the wand is a reminder to say "step up!" every time your little acrobat gets on it. This will reinforce the command for times when you don't have the wand with you. Finally, for the ambitious birbs and parronts out there, the very tip of the wand has a flower bead to use in target training. (Here's a video on target training if you'd like to know more:
) And don't worry, the nail used to attach the flower bead is a stainless steel nail.

This is a lovingly-made step-up training wand that I hope will make training your bird companions a little bit easier. One of my own birds, a cockatiel named Miru, never learned to step up and I've been using one of these wands to train him. I recommend it for small to medium-sized parrots, such as budgies/parakeets, parrotlets, linnies, cockatiels and conures. With this wand and a little bit of patience and training, your smart birb will have a step-up degree in no time! :)

Overall dimensions:
Length: 12 inches
Diameter: 1/2 inch
Weight: 1 ounce

There is only ONE listed at the moment, but I have 20 in total in various "target bead" colors, soon to be listed!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
Awesome! Will share this with my bird group on Facebook. :)