• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toys for my loves

MarleyandGrey

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nicole
Hi everyone,
We are Marley and Grey's owners, we've had them for a few months now and they seem very settled and happy.

However they love to play and always want to come out. Their cage is on a table about 2 foot high. Can anyone recommend a ladder or toy or something I can use to allow them to get down on their own.

Also what are the best toys people have found?

Thank you.
Nicole and Sam

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Welcome!!

The best way to let them get where they want to go is to let them be flighted. It's much healthier both mentally and physically for them to be allowed to fly. Since it sounds like they're already comfortable spending time with you, it could be a pretty easy transition. It does require diligence on your end to keep them safe. We can help you along if it's something you want to do.

Otherwise, well, most big box pet stores sell long wooden ladders like this. Tiels are kind of clumsy, so I wouldn't recommend ropes or anything unstable.

My boys' favorite toy(s) are ones made of easy to shred materials - balsa in particular is their favorite. They also like yucca, vine, palm leaves, raffia, and other soft stuff. For example, they absolutely demolished this toy in record time! We have lots of awesome toy vendors on the Marketplace vendor list if you need some ideas on where to look.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Where do you want them to get down from? The top of the cage or from the table to the floor? If they are not flighted, you have to be careful of stepping on them because tiels can be sneaky creatures. When it comes to toys, there are a lot of great vendors on this site which have wonderful toys for tiels. My tiels love shredders made out of balsa wood and paper. If you go to the marketplace forum, you can see all of the vendors that are on this site. The best part is that it is the holidays and they give discounts so you can get more toys for your money. Welcome and pictures please!!