• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Today My Budgie is, has, had, did???????

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I've been watching SPX each morning to see how much he eats so I can clean his cage tray then hide his seed dish and let the little Pirate Terrorist out of his cage to join SPX in the big cage. I think SPX has figured out I'm watching him eat so lately he quickly runs down to his seed dish takes ONE seed only and just as quickly jumps up past 2 sets of perches to the top part of the cage and nibbles on the seed SLOWLY.

He does this for an hour or more one seed at a time taking FOREVER. He's on to me, I bet he figures if he eats slowly then the Pirate Terrorist can't go in his cage. CLEVER BOY! :smuggrin:

They are definitely smarter than we are! :lol:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I just got a new parakeet on Saturday. He has not said much in the way of chirping until I put the radio on today. Then he started to dance and sing.

Sweet, its always great to see them get excited over music! Have you shared any pics of your new budgie with us here on the Avenue? We love pics. :)

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
SPX has been a jerk lately, he's been "trying" to hog the beaded toy in his cage by sitting on the perch beside it and pretending to play with it. This means Mr Peepers can't sit there and play with the toy which really upsets the little pirate terrorist canary. :D

THE COVETED BEAD TOY

Mr Peepers likes to show SPX he doesn't care about this change in rules and regulations regarding toy usage so he flies up to the top of the cage and starts playing with one of SPX's all time favorite "the budgie in a house toy." While he acts all nonchalant about it. :rolleyes:

SPX doesn't like the little pirate terrorist moving in on his budgie in the house toy, that's HIS CHICK! so SPX
will quickly fly up to the top of the cage and rescue his spot and suck face with his favorite budgie in a house toy.

SPX's much loved and adored Budgie in the House Toy​

In the meantime Peepers will quickly fly down to the coveted bead toy and play, all the while he's probably saying in his mind, "NA NA FOOLED YOU" now you have gone back to your dumb budgie in a house toy I can have the lovely bead toy alllllllll to myself. HEH HEH!"

The Evil Pirate Terrorist stealing back the prize!​

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Oh, that Peeps, looks like he's giving you the evil eye.

:rofl:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Food Wars- Marley and Nimbus were hanging upside down chewing- fighting over the bottom of the millet sprig. Just then Sky came flying in, broke the the end off, and flew away with the prize.
Result- two angry green budgies-and one blue English budgie sitting with his back to the others-scarfing down millet as fast as he could....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Food Wars- Marley and Nimbus were hanging upside down chewing- fighting over the bottom of the millet sprig. Just then Sky came flying in, broke the the end off, and flew away with the prize.
Result- two angry green budgies-and one blue English budgie sitting with his back to the others-scarfing down millet as fast as he could....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

:lol: I love it!

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
SPX my budgie is feeling springy, he regurgitated on a toy while playing with it on my desk a few minutes ago. He was wiggling and giving the toy some sexy talk. I am not amused :meh: this is the first time he's done this in years. :facepalm:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
It may not seem loud to you but I have the volume recording this screeching on low and the sound of the stereo on volume 3. :rofl: I've been wearing ear plugs lately.

Please excuse the view of my blobby squiggly painting I didn't want to look at SPX with the camera while he screeched it would only give him reason to continue screaming. :D

click here for "MY BLOODY EARS!"

click here for "YER KILLING ME SPX SHUT UP!"

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I feel for you as I'm sensitive to repetitious seemingly demanding bird calls. Luckily Peeps sings as I like that.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Peep's isn't singing much these days :( but when he does sing I am so pleased to hear him give it his all.

Too bad, why do you think he's not singing? I think maybe he needs a few black seeds?

Last edited:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Too bad, why do you think he's not singing? I think maybe he needs a few black seeds?

That's the problem, he had a few black seeds last week when I goofed up and forgot to remove SPX's dish of seeds in his cage. We saw the vet 5 days ago and got his beak trimmed and now I will have to take him back for another look on and trim this Friday because his beak grew 1/4 of an inch in 5 days. :( :( :(

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

I swear its so agonizing getting him in a good state with his diet and one slip up and he falls back hard.