• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is Mavis! No idea what her mutation is!

OrangIsld

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jackson
Hi everyone, can someone who's good at Budgie mutations please tell me what her mutation is? Im thinking a sky blue clearwing? Idk whats up with her slightly yellow face though. If so, can anyone tell me if her mutation's irises or cere develop, shes a little over a year old and she doesnt have very pronounced irises and her cere has stayed white with a blue tinge (which, im aware is indicitive of a male, but I got her before I could sex her properly and used to calling her a she XD)

Attachments

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
I wouldnt know, but that is a pretty birdie!!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's very cute!

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
The simple answer is she probably falls under the "rainbow" group.
She's got quite a few mutations there.
Some kind of Yellow faced/Golden faced (I really dont know how to identify the different types), I believe she is Spangled and possibly Opaline too. She may be Clearwing but I need to go read up on that. I'll come back here once I do some reading.
I am honestly not sure on gender, can you try to get a close up on cere in natural light? And also a front on picture if you can (they could be the same picture if you want).

OrangIsld

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jackson
The simple answer is she probably falls under the "rainbow" group.
She's got quite a few mutations there.
Some kind of Yellow faced/Golden faced (I really dont know how to identify the different types), I believe she is Spangled and possibly Opaline too. She may be Clearwing but I need to go read up on that. I'll come back here once I do some reading.
I am honestly not sure on gender, can you try to get a close up on cere in natural light? And also a front on picture if you can (they could be the same picture if you want).
This is the closest I can get to her face - Im not too concerned at her sex because I'm not interested in breeding and my budgies get along fine regardless but her mutation info would be super cool to have

I will update with more pictures a bit later since its the budgie's bedtime

Attachments

Last edited:

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I feel she is a she.
Mutation wise my final guess (because I am not an expert, and could be wrong) is she is a Spangle Rainbow. So Yellow face/Golden face Opaline Spangle.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Beautiful budgie!!!