• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

They hit the jackpot

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
And are now just living the life!

IMG_20190924_150523.jpg
IMG_20190924_150534.jpg
IMG_20190924_150537.jpg
IMG_20190924_150623.jpg

A pic from earlier,
IMG_20190924_134709.jpg

And a pic from yesterday,
IMG_20190923_185148.jpg

The bird in these last two pics comes over and just sits and watches me for like an hour at a time. Maybe it's Pepper, who knows ❤

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I like to think its Pepper! That's his Safe Place and he feels comfortable with you!!!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I like to think its Pepper!
I hope so. Whoever it is, they seem to live in the tree to the left of my house. I snapped a video the other day of the same bird.

The windowsil to the left on the video is my bedroom. I spotted a dove sat on there this morning, I´m not sure who it was though...

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
It probably is Pepper.
Sure it's Pepper!
it has to be Pepper.
I'm positive its Pepper checking in on you..:cloud9:

I think so too... the poop is making me think it is even more. The other doves never pooped on my balcony but Pepper did. He even pooped right before he took his leap of faith that day.

He can't go too far from his pepper plant now can he?
:cloud9: I will always remember him sleeping under there!! It´s almost overgrown with sprouts now :lol: I really need to pull them out.. I know theres a few sprouted sunflower seeds so I don´t want to waste them, I´d rather try let the flowers grow :bliss:

Only he knows he's safe there with you about.
I hope he knows! Even if that Hawk comes I´ll be here to chase the bugger away!

And it LOOKS like a "Squirrel FREE Zone" too!!!
I don´t think I´ve ever seen a squirrel here in Spain.
@Mockinbirdiva did you see any when you lived over here?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I hope your neighbors do not complain. You know how people can be about bird food and bird poop.
There´s no one below ;)
They are empty units (for shops or offices) but no one ever bought them and have remained bricked up since 2009. I did spot one of the doves sitting on the guy next doors rail, but if he´s unhappy he can shoo them off and they cam come back to my balcony :lol:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
That is super cute! Love it!

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Those pictures are adorable!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I think so too... the poop is making me think it is even more. The other doves never pooped on my balcony but Pepper did. He even pooped right before he took his leap of faith that day.

:cloud9: I will always remember him sleeping under there!! It´s almost overgrown with sprouts now :lol: I really need to pull them out.. I know theres a few sprouted sunflower seeds so I don´t want to waste them, I´d rather try let the flowers grow :bliss:

I hope he knows! Even if that Hawk comes I´ll be here to chase the bugger away!

I don´t think I´ve ever seen a squirrel here in Spain.
@Mockinbirdiva did you see any when you lived over here?
No... I don't recall seeing any squirrels. Not even when I rode my horse out in the country. You made me google it!

Red squirrel in Spain

Red squirrel in Spain
red squirrel: ardilla roja: Sciurus vulgaris

It has been claimed that Spain was once so thickly-forested that a squirrel could cross the peninsula hopping from tree to tree, but squirrels do not occupy holm oak woods and so have always been absent from extensive areas, particularly in the south, where they are only present in pinewoods. Spanish squirrels increase in size as they move south (the opposite to Bergman’s rule), and tend to be much darker in the north of the country.

Three distinct “groups” of squirrels in Spain have been identified: 1. infuscatus – remarkably large squirrels of up to half a kilo with very colourful tails and white hairs found in the pinewoods of Centre and South. 2. alpinus – small dark, sometimes black squirrels from the North, the Pyrenees and the Northern Sistema Central. 3. numantius – medium-sized squirrels with a blackish tail and a red-brown coat in the Sistema Ibérico.

Their absence from the Balearics appears to explain the smaller size of pine cones on the islands.

A number of squirrels have been released in recent years in city parks such as in El Retiro in Madrid. Squirrels are now fully protected by law but in the past were considered a delicacy. Grey squirrels are mercifully absent from Spain.