• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The oldest conure on A.A? Give the age of your conures !

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hen is 30 years old, purchased in 1988. View attachment 287029
:xflove: I love older babies. Sadly I lost two of mine this year. I do have another older guy past 20. Their owners were going to put him to sleep because they couldn't take him when they moved.

EBP

Moving in
"Hen" is 30 years old. We purchased Hen in 1988, I still have the sales receipt. I don't know gender, always referred to Hen as she, but more than likely a male. Hen loves to hang out in boxes and has never laid an egg. Because of this, my Vet believes Hen is male. Hen has never been sick one day! I am truly blessed as Hen has brought so much joy, laughter and companionship to my life.
Hen just passed away this morning, 04/30/2020, would have been 32 years old this summer. Soar high my dear friend.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm so, so sorry, @EBP. What an incredibly long fun filled life he shared with you.
I can't even imagine the huge hole in your heart as you learn to live without him. :sorrow:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hen just passed away this morning, 04/30/2020, would have been 32 years old this summer. Soar high my dear friend.
I am sorry for your loss.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m very sorry for your loss

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss. What an astonishingly long life he led with you <3

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I’m so sorry...

Fethrz

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Vicki
I currently have a 32 year old "Sunday" Conure (cross between a Sun and Jenday) that I've had since hand-feeding as a baby. The idiot pet store owner in Florida didn't test for hot spots in the hot microwaved food he was injecting down his crop, burned a hole in his crop and was going to let him die. He basically gave him to me to rescue (after buying a $14 cage for his ransom), after which I called Busch Gardens to find out who the best avian vet was then and quickly took him to Dr. David Murphy. He had surgery to remove the necrotic tissue and was saved by this wonderful, compassionate vet to whom I owe the longevity of both of my 32 year old birds. He educated me on proper care and it was evidently solid advice as 32 years is a long time to singularly own a bird with zero health issues. I am beyond blessed to have had "R&B" (Conure) and "Rico" (Amazon) all this time. Cheers to all of the bird owners on here sharing information. Thanks!

Attachments

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
I currently have a 32 year old "Sunday" Conure (cross between a Sun and Jenday) that I've had since hand-feeding as a baby. The idiot pet store owner in Florida didn't test for hot spots in the hot microwaved food he was injecting down his crop, burned a hole in his crop and was going to let him die. He basically gave him to me to rescue (after buying a $14 cage for his ransom), after which I called Busch Gardens to find out who the best avian vet was then and quickly took him to Dr. David Murphy. He had surgery to remove the necrotic tissue and was saved by this wonderful, compassionate vet to whom I owe the longevity of both of my 32 year old birds. He educated me on proper care and it was evidently solid advice as 32 years is a long time to singularly own a bird with zero health issues. I am beyond blessed to have had "R&B" (Conure) and "Rico" (Amazon) all this time. Cheers to all of the bird owners on here sharing information. Thanks!
He is so beautiful God bless him and So happy you rescued him from that idiot

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mahalo, may R&B and you have many happy years ahead.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is just beautiful! And such a lucky birds to have found you. Thank you!

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I have the oldest conure. . . Mango is a whopping. . . 1 yr old :embarassed: Try to beat that!

Hasanah

Strolling the yard
My girl is three. Here's to many more years :)

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo is 8 months old
KiKi is 9 months old no competition here

Melanie777

Real Name
Melanie Bazzell
Hello :greet13:

I found it interesting that people who have one or multiple conures, to indicate their age.
I am curious to know how old is the oldest conure on Avian Avenue?
For example, when you type "green cheek conure life expectancy" on google, it says up to 30 years but I have never heard of a conure that old :eek: !
It would be nice to also specify the species of your conure(s) as all conures do not live the same age!
You can also post a picture of your little feathered friend(s) :)

Mango, female yellow-sided ggc: 2 years and five months old.
Litchi, male cinnamon ggc: almost 10 months old.

Thank you for your contribution :hug8:
Hello :greet13:

I found it interesting that people who have one or multiple conures, to indicate their age.
I am curious to know how old is the oldest conure on Avian Avenue?
For example, when you type "green cheek conure life expectancy" on google, it says up to 30 years but I have never heard of a conure that old :eek: !
It would be nice to also specify the species of your conure(s) as all conures do not live the same age!
You can also post a picture of your little feathered friend(s) :)

Mango, female yellow-sided ggc: 2 years and five months old.
Litchi, male cinnamon ggc: almost 10 months old.

Thank you for your contribution :hug8:
Elvis (our Sun Conure ) is 27 years old and the love of my life! He’s been with me since he was born. I was in my 20’s when I adopted him and now I’m in my 50’s. I pray he lives many more years.
I notice that he’s sleeping more now. This was the first year that he displayed visible signs of aging. Me too though, lol.

Attachments

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Elvis (our Sun Conure ) is 27 years old and the love of my life! He’s been with me since he was born. I was in my 20’s when I adopted him and now I’m in my 50’s. I pray he lives many more years.
I notice that he’s sleeping more now. This was the first year that he displayed visible signs of aging. Me too though, lol.
Thats Brilliant wouldlove to see more pics of Elvisand hear more about him

Pslunecko

Real Name
Paul Slunecko
My older Green Cheek Conure is going to be 26 this year. He was hatched in August 1996. His name is Benny and his girlfriend Mana is 20. She is a cinnamon mutation.

Attachments