• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS SWS orders

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh not that many.... a mere 15 perches and 12 toys. :roflmao:
Yeah got 12 perches between 2 cages though have 4 more arriving this week.
12 toys over 2 cages not including bowls and cups for foraging.
I need to see a pic of the full cage to witness the perch chaos.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah got 12 perches between 2 cages though have 4 more arriving this week.
12 toys over 2 cages not including bowls and cups for foraging.
I need to see a pic of the full cage to witness the perch chaos.
Here's the whole set up. I'm always tweaking it and switching things out.
20211114_082416.jpg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 396886
Cracking set up that Tobias cage is wider than Mojos and Keeks has a tiny cage compared to Mojo's well not tiny but fair bit smaller but her new house will be here Tuesday :) .

I havent got any perches outside of there cages due to lack of space i will add them though once i offload my fishtank and move there cages to the 9ft alcove that currently fills.
They have there playstand for when they come out though but generally spend time on the couch with us or on the coffee table by us in there foraging box, i have just had to sort a much bigger foraging box out as the other one was getting crowded with them both in it and causing a few scraps.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cracking set up that Tobias cage is wider than Mojos and Keeks has a tiny cage compared to Mojo's well not tiny but fair bit smaller but her new house will be here Tuesday :) .

I havent got any perches outside of there cages due to lack of space i will add them though once i offload my fishtank and move there cages to the 9ft alcove that currently fills.
They have there playstand for when they come out though but generally spend time on the couch with us or on the coffee table by us in there foraging box, i have just had to sort a much bigger foraging box out as the other one was getting crowded with them both in it and causing a few scraps.
Thanks! I'd love to get him a bigger cage but unfortunately that's as big as I can go in our current living situation so I try to stuff it as full as I can to keep him entertained.
I can't wait to see how you set up Kiki's new cage!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks! I'd love to get him a bigger cage but unfortunately that's as big as I can go in our current living situation so I try to stuff it as full as I can to keep him entertained.
I can't wait to see how you set up Kiki's new cage!
Will be a work in progress until everything arrives

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
View attachment 396886
Tobias's fun house...He's a baby & its good for him to play. Penny does not mind new things either but she does not like it too crowded & I try to not have anything over another thing as it will collect poop. She also is deceptively large. She can rest on a perch & her body & head will project quite a bit forward while her rump & tail backward. So she needs a good turn radius.

Really would be tempted to get a corner dragonwood as I rally love that one.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tobias's fun house...He's a baby & its good for him to play. Penny does not mind new things either but she does not like it too crowded & I try to not have anything over another thing as it will collect poop. She also is deceptively large. She can rest on a perch & her body & head will project quite a bit forward while her rump & tail backward. So she needs a good turn radius.

Oh man it's so hard to keep the cage as full as I do and make sure that he doesn't poop on anything else but so far by some miracle I've managed. Tobias and I highly recommend it! It's seriously the coolest perch I have!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That perch was one of a kind. It bent 90 degrees in its twisting. Hence my list of customers to call when I get weird things.

We do corner perches often but the end cuts are at an angle. April's are flush with the cage as the perch curves.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That perch was one of a kind. It bent 90 degrees in its twisting. Hence my list of customers to call when I get weird things.

We do corner perches often but the end cuts are at an angle. April's are flush with the cage as the perch curves.
I'll truly be forever thankful that I was blessed to get this wonderful perch. I can't thank you enough Sarah. I have many wonderful perches but this is just :swoon:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine

That's what I meant...a perch that curved into 90 degrees so fit in a side to back with perpendicular cut ends.
That's why I really liked it as it is very special.
I guess a corner with 45" angle cuts would be useful too but that one was just so perfect.

I won't set my hopes up for another like that...Have my doubts how long I'll live anyway. Have to look foward to a cat scan now...

:cry3:

Last edited:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's what I meant...a perch that curved into 90 degrees so fit in a side to back with perpendicular cut ends.
That's why I really liked it as it is very special.
I guess a corner with 45" angle cuts would be useful too but that one was just so perfect.

I won't set my hopes up for another like that...Have my doubts how long I'll live anyway. Have to look foward to a cat scan now...

:cry3:
Oh no! Oh I hope that everything will be OK :sadhug:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Let's just say that long term plans don't seem worth the effort right now.
I am getting older & with it come aches & pains. Does not mean its cancer but when you have had that demon knock down your door
its hard to ever feel safe. None of us are safe & I have really not done anything special with my new life past that black time.
Another wake up call...

Penny got on her RLS 13 & then scooted over to her birch perch for the first time where she enjoyed hanging out preening & beak grinding.

P1000863 (2) resize birch.JPG

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
They smell so good that I am tempted to try them.
Ok so.... I'm glad it's not just me cause I thought to myself surely I could eat one... just to see.
But um... how do they taste?

My people!! Apparently I have learned nothing from that horrible Oven Fresh Bite experience. :rolleyes:
Ok. I will take one for the team. When I open the bag tonight I will take a little nibble.
Ok. I tried a very small piece. They are kind of dry. You can taste the cinnamon. I have eaten worse people cookies (tried some store brand, don't even remember what flavor they were supposed to be. But I ate one and threw the rest away.)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Ok. I tried a very small piece. They are kind of dry. You can taste the cinnamon. I have eaten worse people cookies (tried some store brand, don't even remember what flavor they were supposed to be. But I ate one and threw the rest away.)
You can moisten them. I do this for Sophie so she won't dunk it. She loves any bread or cookie, pellet moistened.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Go Casey! He looks so tall. :hilarious:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Jade's Lil Monsters order is here! She'salready excited about it! Her favorite so far seems to be the papers the toys were in :lol: thanks @Mizzely !

20211115_141249.jpg 20211115_141502.jpg

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It was nice knowing you puffy Sola balls (I bet jade can demolish both in less than 5 minutes)
Those sola balls are such a hit for so many birds! My rats loved them too :)