• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS SWS orders

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@April @camelotshadow hoping for positive feedback on the thin flagstones you got from RLS so Sarah adds to the store they really are cool.
Love the perch with Tobias name on looks really smart and the coconut toybox looks interesting.
Looking forward to more pics

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
P1000826 (3) resize.JPG

Have not used S14 but put RLS13 on the inside of the door. I think its useful as it will last forever & perhaps help with nails. Something different than a wood perch. Penny has not tried it yet but that's the spot she likes to sit when she wants to come out.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 396865

Have not used S14 but put RLS13 on the inside of the door. I think its useful as it will last forever & perhaps help with nails. Something different than a wood perch. Penny has not tried it yet but that's the spot she likes to sit when she wants to come out.
It's the RLS13 im interestes in i have 4 flagstone platforms and another on the way the girls use them a lot

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@April @camelotshadow hoping for positive feedback on the thin flagstones you got from RLS so Sarah adds to the store they really are cool.
Love the perch with Tobias name on looks really smart and the coconut toybox looks interesting.
I put one of them in the cage last night so I'm hoping that Tobias will try it today and I can snag some pics.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I got a package on Friday and was confused because I did not order anything. I took a look at it...Seriously Nutz?? It was a toy from @April!! Thank you so much! Joey absolutely LOVES it!!! It was such a nice surprise for both him and I :heart2:

View attachment 396858

View attachment 396856

First bite!
View attachment 396853

1/2 of the blue block destroyed!
View attachment 396857
Yay! I'm so thrilled that he likes it! My goodness it's gonna be gone in no time,he's like a beaver with feathers :heart: . But of course as we say that's the sign of a much loved toy. :birdance:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so happy with the perch with his name I never said what the font is for those who don't know. Tobias is named after the book series Animorphs and that's the font that was used on the covers. I had the idea last minute and Sarah was able to make it happen I'm so thrilled with it it turned out even better than I'd hoped for and I'm geeking out,lol. And boy let me tell you that Coconut toybox is brilliant! I'm so excited to see what he thinks about it because I wanna play with it. It's just that cool!

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It does now lol!
I tried it in a different position originally that I really wanted to work and I thought it was but then I saw the bars were bowing so I tried to take it off and I guess I had it positioned just "right" and it didn't want to release cause the pressure I was getting nervous but finally I got it to let go but I took a tiny peice of paint with me I think :faint: .
I tried again with completely different angle and side of the perch and this time it fit so smoothly and beautifully like butter. I love it soooo much I can't wait to see how Tobias likes it tomorrow!
Yah, we have numerous measurement guides for measuring straight perches. It sounds like an easy task to make a perch at ** inches but pull out a 8 foot piece of curvy dragonwood and see how easy it's not. :wideyed: Then throw in the corner perch. While usually to do a corner perch we just cut the ends at an angle but this one.... :rofl: I told Joe as long as the bolt ends are both cut at 90 degrees to each other it will have no choice but to line up somewhere. :hilarious: We did have to pick which end was up though so you might have had it upside down. I hope he loves it!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yah, we have numerous measurement guides for measuring straight perches. It sounds like an easy task to make a perch at ** inches but pull out a 8 foot piece of curvy dragonwood and see how easy it's not. :wideyed: Then throw in the corner perch. While usually to do a corner perch we just cut the ends at an angle but this one.... :rofl: I told Joe as long as the bolt ends are both cut at 90 degrees to each other it will have no choice but to line up somewhere. :hilarious: We did have to pick which end was up though so you might have had it upside down. I hope he loves it!
I am seriously in awe at yalls skills it's truly a work of art! Yeah I think that's probably what I did,lol. It fit so much better trying it backwards and upside down from what I wanted orginally :p . I'm about to go wake him up weigh him and then put him in his newly refurbished cage so hopefully I'll be back with pics soon!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's the RLS13 im interestes in
:rofl:

You and me both!
I'm telling you they will not be on the store quickly. First they were unbelievably difficult to make! I'm mean to the point where Joe was telling me to quit trying and I was complaining to a few friends that they were beating me. :jawdrop1: So so cute and I love them but I had a 90% fail rate at making them. :arghh: If I receive only good feedback on them and I can figure out a better success rate they could hit the store by maybe spring/summer but...The stars have to align with them. :) I have TONS of adorable items I put in RLS that are never seen again. :shy:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

You and me both!
I'm telling you they will not be on the store quickly. First they were unbelievably difficult to make! I'm mean to the point where Joe was telling me to quit trying and I was complaining to a few friends that they were beating me. :jawdrop1: So so cute and I love them but I had a 90% fail rate at making them. :arghh: If I receive only good feedback on them and I can figure out a better success rate they could hit the store by maybe spring/summer but...The stars have to align with them. :) I have TONS of adorable items I put in RLS that are never seen again. :shy:
Well please tell Joe that just from me handling them yesterday they are exquisitely made! And well worth the frustration cause they are out of this world epic!
I can seriously see this being a favorite of Tobias's it's the perfect size for his feet and feels so smooth and cool. I'm really hoping he's gonna gravitate to it right away.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didn't grow the branch. :laugh: Just told Joe where to cut it. ;)
Lol I know but if yall hadn't cut it that way and added those bolts just perfectly to fit the bars no matter what I wouldn't have this one of a kind beauty!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

You and me both!
90% success rate is pretty grim guess you where right i should have set my alarm clock :bash:

Anyways looking forward to my delivery arriving this week was going to hold of giving them to girls until Christmas but as KiKi is getting a new bigger cage Tuesday im gonna give her the stuff i got for her.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
90% success rate is pretty grim guess you where right i should have set my alarm clock :bash:

Anyways looking forward to my delivery arriving this week was going to hold of giving them to girls until Christmas but as KiKi is getting a new bigger cage Tuesday im gonna give her the stuff i got for her.
The only saving grace on this one is "I" really love them and "I" don't like to be beaten. :laugh: As I told Joe while he was telling me to quit breaking inventory.... "I AM PUTTING THESE IN RLS IF IT KILLS ME" :rofl:

Usually I'm sending shrapnel wood pieces from my CNC machine, this time I was exploding rocks on my drill press. Which... I'm paying for. :facepalm: I gouged a huge chunk of metal out of the clutch in my press. :rolleyes:Poor thing sounds like a rickety old carnival ride and I can't change the speeds. I think Joe is going to tell me today that I can't use it as he is taking it apart to put in the new parts.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ok @Macawnutz status report.... it's a hit all around! As soon as I put him in the cage he ran right to the Dragonwood and started rubbing his beak on it! He did go onto the slender rock but since the Dragonwood perch was there I couldn't fit my phone close enough :banghead: so I missed the perfect shot before he ran off to the next thing but at least I got something! And wowza the moment he stepped on the T perch he was thrilled! He kept looking down at it and then tried to rip some bark off.
To be continued with hopefully better pics;)
Psst @SamatranTiger look what's on the back wall it fits perfectly there so he can reach it from the Dragonwood! :swoon: :birdance:
20211114_070943.jpg 20211114_070946.jpg 20211114_071001.jpg 20211114_071000.jpg 20211114_071327.jpg

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The only saving grace on this one is "I" really love them and "I" don't like to be beaten. :laugh: As I told Joe while he was telling me to quit breaking inventory.... "I AM PUTTING THESE IN RLS IF IT KILLS ME" :rofl:

Usually I'm sending shrapnel wood pieces from my CNC machine, this time I was exploding rocks on my drill press. Which... I'm paying for. :facepalm: I gouged a huge chunk of metal out of the clutch in my press. :rolleyes:Poor thing sounds like a rickety old carnival ride and I can't change the speeds. I think Joe is going to tell me today that I can't use it as he is taking it apart to put in the new parts.
Oh no! Your noble sacrifice won't be forgotten in the annals of your epic pursuit of unique birdie goodies.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is so cute April! At least he is a brave one with new things. Could you imagine having a scardy cat with your shopping addiction?
Omg that would literally be heartbreaking! I've been very blessed that all 3 of my Conures loved new things and were never scared of them. Heck Zazu would pounce like a Lion on a new toy before I could even hook it up.
In other news! He's addicted to this perch! It's the perfect size and spot to jump up and down staring at me willing me to let him out ;)
20211114_074139.jpg 20211114_074238.jpg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ok @Macawnutz status report.... it's a hit all around! As soon as I put him in the cage he ran right to the Dragonwood and started rubbing his beak on it! He did go onto the slender rock but since the Dragonwood perch was there I couldn't fit my phone close enough :banghead: so I missed the perfect shot before he ran off to the next thing but at least I got something! And wowza the moment he stepped on the T perch he was thrilled! He kept looking down at it and then tried to rip some bark off.
To be continued with hopefully better pics;)
Psst @SamatranTiger look what's on the back wall it fits perfectly there so he can reach it from the Dragonwood! :swoon: :birdance:
View attachment 396879 View attachment 396880 View attachment 396881 View attachment 396882 View attachment 396883
How many perches does Tobias have in his cage ? I reckon he's got more than the girls put together :laughing7: