• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

atheadax

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Brynlee
Suzume ([Pronounced soo-zoo-may] or just Suzy for short) is my darling budgie. She's bright blue, and is so soft and sweet. She may be very small compared to other budgies, she does pack a mean punch. Suzy has a habit of teasing her sisters and disobeying her mom. But overall, she loves kisses and sitting with her mom as she does her math homework. When I come home from school, Suzy clings to her cage, asking to come out and see her mom. I love my Suzy so much.

But one Saturday, Suzy flew away. I was devastated and extremely upset. I live up in the mountains, so anything could happen to my baby. With all the trees, there was no way I could easily find her. That night, it stormed. There was lightning, winds, and torrential rains. My heart broke more, but I still had hope. I put up missing ads on Facebook and Instagram. Every day I check with my mom to see if there was anyone who could've found Suzy. Still, no news of my bluebird.

That Wednesday, I came home to find a blue budgie in my cage! The little bird sat and chatted with my other budgies. I got a closer look, but it wasn't my bluebird. Another budgie, who looked just like Suzy, was find hopping along a trail and was brought to us. This bird as just a baby, and he had the biggest eyes! We named him Bes, and the same day we got him, he found a home. Then, 30 minutes after Bes left, we got a phone call from someone who lived at the bottom of the mountain. They found a blue budgie sitting outside of their garage after the storm, with a single ray of light shining down on this small blue budgie. The homeowner took the small bird and took it inside.

We ran very fast to this house 10 minutes away from where we lived. We entered their home, and there was my little bluebird, Suzy, siting there waiting for her mom. I'm forever grateful that I have my baby back home. I strongly believe that God brought her back home. I prayed every night and on Sunday, I fasted for a miracle. I know that He heard my prayers and brought Suzy home. An avian vet told me there's no way Suzy should be alive. But, here she is with me. This is truly a miracle.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome! I'm really glad you got your budgie back. :cheer:

Did you try to find Bes' owner? Maybe someone is just as devastated as you were & is out there looking.

atheadax

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Brynlee
Thank you so much!!! I'm overjoyed to have her home!

By looking at the circumstances, Bes was abandoned. His wings were fairly short, and he was in a mountain hiking trail.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd still advertise. Clipped birds escape too.

Shelters, rescues, pet stores, vets, groomers, local online classifieds. Then, if no one calls, you can enjoy him in peace.