• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Super loud female?

outmaww

Meeting neighbors
My baby cockatiel (and new best friend, I'm totally in love with his sweet little face) wasn't sexed at the breeder I got him from. He's a gray and had a very female look to him, but I wonder because he is LOUD. Like, crazy loud. I've been around conures that were quieter than him. The bird store I got him from boards birds, rescues birds, and has every bird imaginable there, including macaws, and he makes a perfect macaw impression. Admittedly it's quieter than a macaw's, but holy hell it's insane how well he mimics other birds. He is constantly making noise, wolf whistling, and screeching. He mimics budgies and macaws the most.

It's really not a big deal, I'll love him no matter what, but I really think he looks like a female. It's possible for female cockatiels to be loud as well, right? I know it's a pretty small percentage.

Here's a pic : ) including a funny, because boy, it is hard to take a nice picture of a flighty baby who's fascinated with phones.

20220609_121534.jpg 1655225522722.jpeg

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
What a cutie :D I have an Amazon from a huge rescue that mimics Cockatoos and Macaws very well ..Its amazing what they pick up ..my other Amazon crows like a rooster so I assume in the hoarded household she came from there were chickens ...:)