• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun Conure Vocal Problem

beingmahdi

Moving in
Real Name
Mahdi Hasan
Hi, I've noticed that my 3 plus month old sun conure's vocal is much different than other sun conure's. The sound is like lower pitch. but other 2month old sun conure baby's sound is like the adult conure. mine is 3 month plus and sound not similar like that. don't know is it normal or not. There is no options to attach video. how can I show you guys my conure's video?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Hi, I've noticed that my 3 plus month old sun conure's vocal is much different than other sun conure's. The sound is like lower pitch. but other 2month old sun conure baby's sound is like the adult conure. mine is 3 month plus and sound not similar like that. don't know is it normal or not. There is no options to attach video. how can I show you guys my conure's video?
You will need to link your video from another site like facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.
Hope this helps :)

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
A change in voice is usually thought indicative of respiratory illness.
I’m sure there could be other causes, too, like some small anatomical difference which might not be a real problem.
Has the basso profundo bird been checked by a vet?

Aviphile

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
DeeDee
Respiratory illness or an enlarged thyroid (a goiter, do you feel a lump in his/her neck) both can cause a change in how they sound. Have you consulted a Veterinarian?

beingmahdi

Moving in
Real Name
Mahdi Hasan
A change in voice is usually thought indicative of respiratory illness.
I’m sure there could be other causes, too, like some small anatomical difference which might not be a real problem.
Has the basso profundo bird been checked by a vet?
No I haven't consulted a vet yet. She calls like that since her childhood. could it be due to feeding with syringe and pipe?

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
No I haven't consulted a vet yet. She calls like that since her childhood. could it be due to feeding with syringe and pipe?
Maybe. But she’s not very old. So she could have a respiratory infection or another problem, like thyroid issue.