• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stations for the Budgies

Sparkles83221

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ella
Hi everyone. I'm trying the search bar and I'm not using the correct words so I apologize as I'm sure this has been posted a million times.
I will be the owner of English Budgies(probably wild crosses)..yay! I want them to have an amazing home..
What I'm visualizing is their flight cage..I'll probably have a play station on top of their cage? Or bad idea? As well as different areas around our home.
Say..A jollyball or tree stand or rope swing hanging by a window, an area in the kitchen as I'm prepping their food, somewhere to hang out in the bathroom..etc.
I'm trying to think of all the places they could be and be up high so they can feel safe.
Are there DIY's or businesses that sell these kinds of items so I can buy them in the near future? I noticed the Wingdow do Budgies typically like that or do they steer clear?
Thank you!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
If you look under the Marketplace section on the forum, it lists our vendors and what they sell. We have some that sell playstands, jolly balls, etc. Some birds really like a cage top playstand. Some don't. My cockatiel didn't but then again, I was his playstand. LOL. I don't have one for my cockatoo only because his cage is pretty tall and with the addition of a playstand I wouldn't be able to reach him.

@Lady Jane ?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I really cannot afford any of the higher priced items for my EB. I do have a nice flat top flight cage and often put toys or food or something of interest to them on top. I also hung an inexpensive scarf holder over the cage. My two do not Photfar from the cage area and once in a while will do flight circles around the living room. Photo attached. With precious budgies I put a perch on the bathroom mirror because there was a window in the bathroom they liked to look out of. My birds now are not too adventurous for other rooms.

Attachments

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
My 2 budgies share a bird room with my cockatiels and a lovebird. I do not have a play area on top of their cage (maybe I should try that!) They do like flying to several areas I have set up. They like the climbing net, a boing, also I hung some seagrass mats.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I can just imagine a room full of them. I know your birds will like them. Great climbing exercise for birds too!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Wingdow

Sprinting down the street
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aleta
@Sparkles83221 Hi, Ella. I see that you asked a question about Wingdow---and whether or not budgies like it. I am the owner of Wingdow---and the answer is a resounding "yes". We sell lots of Wingdow Seats to budgie owners. And---from my own experience---our budgie (Angel) loves it---and hangs out in his Wingdow pretty much all day. First place he flies to when I open his cage door in the morning. We have Wingdow Seat---and also a slightly smaller Wingdow Lite for smaller birds like budgies, lovebirds, and parrotlets. Contains those messy droppings, too. Lots of AAers have one of our Wingdows---so feel free to ask here, too. Here's a link, if you're interested in checking out Wingdow Seat and/or Wingdow Lite. Just put them on sale for the holidays, too.
Perches : WINGDOW®, Elegant avian furniture

Sparkles83221

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ella
I can't believe I wasn't alerted to these responses ! Thank you. I wrote everything down and have started to buy everything now.

dazz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
dara
vidaXL Outdoor Aviary Aluminium 178x122x194cm Bird Cage House Garden Habitat | eBay
im thinking of buying this for my cockatoo. and keep it indoors for a while,to give her more room to move around. and for more toys to play with. what do you think, is it a suitable cage for a cockatoo? im concerned about the thickness of the mesh, and is it ok for my bird. i build a large cage with galvanised mesh, and she kept flying against it, and i took it down as i was worried about the toxins leaking into her skin, she is so used to climbing her current cage that she has had for years. im worried that she will tr to use the mesh in the cage to get around(as she does now) would it cause her trouble/pain

dazz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
dara
she flew across the kitchen this morning and fell off the table, and i could see her wing shaking.......felt so bad for her.....i scared her by accident, i was moving a blanket and she flew . anyone here from ireland? i ask, as id love to get help training her.