• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Something is wrong with my bird's wing

BasilBird

Moving in
My one budgie once fell of his cage, which means he fell from almost three meters high. When we checked him, we were lucky to find that nothing was broken or bleeding, but something was wrong with his wing. We thought it was from shock, so we waited a few days before taking him to the vet. He holds his right wing higher than his left one. The vet told us that the wing was ok, he's seen plenty of birds holding their wing like that. So, we left. After a few weeks though, we realized that he couldn't fly anymore. The feathers are struggling to grow properly, maybe thats why he can't fly. He tries though. When our other budgie flies back into the cage, he aims with head, leaning forward. But, he flaps and falls. I dont think he's in any pain. I dont want to try anything that might harm him.

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I think you should take him back to the vet. The messy feathers show he's in so much pain he can't even preen the wing. The position is fine visually so it's likely nothing major is going on, but something is causing his pain.