• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So I need toys for my Java Rice Finches...

Birdyldy79

Meeting neighbors
My Java's only have a swing and a toy that looks like a stoplight for pure "entertainment". They do play with them from time to time but was wondering if I should get more toys to amuse them with and what kinds would be best for birds that size.They do have a bath that they LOVE, several perches spread out and that's about it. I think they are a tad bored but I could be wrong. I looked through a bunch of toys for birds and I honestly have no idea what would be amusing for birds of their size.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I agree, anything shreddy. I buy raffia at the dollar store and tie it or twist it into various shapes, then hang it in the cage. Or take an old toilet paper roll and poke holes and pulL the raffia bits through it.

You can even give them a little box of grass, straw, or hay to play with. And fresh foods, like shredded broccoli or sprouts will be fun as well.

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
As people have already said, they really love tearing things apart! My finch’s personal favorite are these things called Fiesta Ball Stuffers. She loves pulling out the paper streamers and nibbling at them.
1640347254449.jpeg