• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shezbug's secret friend... Birdie!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’ll take it that the congrats is for Birdie cos it def can’t be for me :laugh: He certainly won the lottery moving in here- unfortunately for me and Burt it puts me further behind in being able to follow my bird dreams of getting another Mac friend for Burt. Lmao I gotta learn to toughen up my heart!!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Birdie sure has attitoo'd...Guess you won;t be wearing sandals as much...:batnana:
Haha he’s gonna need to keep practicing his speed and coordination for a while longer so I’m safe for a short while yet I think lol. Just wish he’d decide if he wants to like or eat me and stop changing his mind at the drop of a hat!

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
He is beautiful. I hope you have a great time together. And I am sure you will have great times.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love his curl up.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello birdie

He looks quite a character

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Did Birdie end up getting his rain shower?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Watching the video, the wing droop is noticeable. Did your vet say that Birdie will be able to improve in that with time and care?

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe! Birdie is gorgeous:cloud9::bliss:

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Shezbug I love that you made this thread after everyone was like "whuuuuuuut Shezbug has got a too???!" in my thread hehehehe. :roflmao: Birdie is beautiful! I will ask my question here about the possible moluccan situation that I might plunge into.

How hard/easy is it for you to interpret Birdie's body language? What are some obvious signs of over-excitement and contentness? Does Birdie have a training background? What challenges have you had with Birdie apart from health?

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Wow such a big secret bird! He is stunning!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I love him! Welcome to the 'too club! LOL. If you're not already crazy for getting one, they will make you crazy- but in a good way. ;) One of the biggest challenges for me is how unfood motivated they are. Elvis eats to live, definitely doesn't live to eat. So, you have to get creative with what will motivate them (generally praise). And I am currently going through a food struggle with Elvis now too. Although his diet was pretty good previously, he has now decided he hates everything but cashews. Sigh. So, I am in the process of trying to get his diet back on track. Not sure how we got off track to begin with. :rolleyes:

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Birdie is so cute! He certainly looks like he's got a lot of character! I can see how special he is.
Do you know yet if his neurological issues and the wing problem can be corrected over time?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Did Birdie end up getting his rain shower?
No :(
It sadly didn’t rain till it was too late in the evening and by then we were also having severe winds

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Watching the video, the wing droop is noticeable. Did your vet say that Birdie will be able to improve in that with time and care?
Very unlikely but not certain

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Shezbug I love that you made this thread after everyone was like "whuuuuuuut Shezbug has got a too???!" in my thread hehehehe. :roflmao: Birdie is beautiful! I will ask my question here about the possible moluccan situation that I might plunge into.

How hard/easy is it for you to interpret Birdie's body language? What are some obvious signs of over-excitement and contentness? Does Birdie have a training background? What challenges have you had with Birdie apart from health?
Birdie is a total mystery to me and has me quite baffled a lot actually lol. He’s been the only 2 I’ve ever met who is so hard to read that you can’t trust anything you think you might have seen/read. The vet said that he didn’t display any of the general expected responses and behaviours which was most likely connected to other issues.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Birdie is so cute! He certainly looks like he's got a lot of character! I can see how special he is.
Do you know yet if his neurological issues and the wing problem can be corrected over time?
Some of his issues have improved somewhat but they’re still obvious problems, no idea or expectations of what the future holds but we will do all the right things to give him the best chances and continue to hope for the best.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have to agree with Karen, Birdie is looking much better in that video! Looks like he´s settled in really well and is happy :) Love the pic of him on the grass!! :swoon:

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Am I caught up via this thread @Shezbug ? He's beautiful! I feel your struggle about saving things. Just separation and space have been the factors a few times this year. Otherwise I'd have a few secrets to confess as well. Who knew there were so many ekkies in a 10 mile radius...in Oklahoma?