• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe Hot-Plate?

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hi y'all!
I'm moving into someones downstairs apartment soon, and since it only has a kitchenette I want to buy and bring a hot-plate for cooking. I was going to go through the standard procedure of calling the various brands to ask about Teflon, but I figured someone on here might have some recommendations and/or opinions on products.

I've never heard of microwaves omitting anything, but there is one included, so is that something I should worry about?

Thanks!!

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Induction cooktops are glass, I have one and use stainless cookware on it. I also heard you can use cast iron as well but I have not tried them on it yet. I got my induction cooktop from Costco, it comes with its own pot too.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I would definitely suggest an induction plate. They heat the pan not the plate so cool down quicker. they have great adjustibility and quick response.
you need pans that a magnet will stick to the outside bottom of. IKEA has great pans, many are crappy even cuisanart.
I've had my induction cooktop (4 burner ) for 8 years and love it!

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
My cooktop is induction and when I'm simmering something I put a towel over the pot and cheeky can be around it with no danger of burns. I would never go back to gas or electric

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Induction plate all the way.
Looks as if two singles are a lot cheaper than a double plate, BTW.

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Thank you for the suggestions! I wouldn't have thought of it!