• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ringneck babies

Zezo

Moving in
Real Name
Yazeed alqarni
Hello everyone how are you all doing
I am a yazeed from saudi arabia and this is my first thread.

So the story is that i have a few palm trees in my backyard. Ringnecks come and nest in these trees anyways, one of these palm trees roots is affecting the floor. So my father called a few workers to cut them. I already knew that there was a nest and had babies in them. So i got a ladder and climbed up there were 5 babies in the nest i took them out and put them in a brooder.

I am very very experienced with handfeeding birds. I have handfed other ringnecks as well as budgies, lovebirds, and cockatiels. But i have always used brand formulas. During this time in quarantine i cannot go to the shop only people with a permit can drive around. so i made a homemade one

Using different types of seeds, pellets, oats, raw rice, tea biscuit, and dried moringa leaves. I have ordered the formula from a breeder with permit to move around but it may take two days or more to get the formula to my house.

My question is, is it okay to use this formula until i recieve my order.
Also, is it okay if i change the formula from the homemade to the branded one or do i have to take it slowly.

Any comments question please state them and sorry for taking long
:) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello everyone how are you all doing
I am a yazeed from saudi arabia and this is my first thread.

So the story is that i have a few palm trees in my backyard. Ringnecks come and nest in these trees anyways, one of these palm trees roots is affecting the floor. So my father called a few workers to cut them. I already knew that there was a nest and had babies in them. So i got a ladder and climbed up there were 5 babies in the nest i took them out and put them in a brooder.

I am very very experienced with handfeeding birds. I have handfed other ringnecks as well as budgies, lovebirds, and cockatiels. But i have always used brand formulas. During this time in quarantine i cannot go to the shop only people with a permit can drive around. so i made a homemade one

Using different types of seeds, pellets, oats, raw rice, tea biscuit, and dried moringa leaves. I have ordered the formula from a breeder with permit to move around but it may take two days or more to get the formula to my house.

My question is, is it okay to use this formula until i recieve my order.
Also, is it okay if i change the formula from the homemade to the branded one or do i have to take it slowly.

Any comments question please state them and sorry for taking long
:) :)
I'm not sure about the tea biscuit or moringa leaves. We don't have that here. How old are the babies? If making your own formula, I'd go with mostly pellets with a small amount of the ground sunflower. Some of the dried flake rice baby cereal mixed in is also good if you have that there. The older the babies are the less sensitive they will be. They should be okay if its only a couple of days. Once you get real formula, transition them over gradually. Maybe start with 50:50 formula and home made and then the next day 70:30 formula and home made etc. Smaller meals when doing the transition are also good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zezo

Moving in
Real Name
Yazeed alqarni
Id say there about from 22 days to 30 from their sizes and feather growth.
Also they are doing really good with the formula the smallest three are accepting it like they’re professional, the older two need a little bit of patience :)

Zezo

Moving in
Real Name
Yazeed alqarni
Hey everyone, something new just popped up. I have wood shavings that could last almost one week and i cant get any more what can i use instead؟؟

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Shredded paper

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey everyone, something new just popped up. I have wood shavings that could last almost one week and i cant get any more what can i use instead؟؟
For larger babies, you can use a pile of shredded news paper. Or a few layers of paper towels. Just make sure the babies can stay dry and get traction.