• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehomed foamy beak grinding

rebe

Checking out the neighborhood
I recently got my Alex x from a rehoming, (hatched 2018) and have noticed that when he grinds his beak (and only when he grinds his beak for a while) he gets an occasional foamy bubble while doing so

I'm not noticing any other symptoms of illness -his eyes, nose, and bum seem to be all clear

I've added photos of his poop, but as he is switching from a seed to pellet diet I'm not sure how much that may change his poop 20220108_213748.jpg 20220108_213736.jpg 20220108_213104.jpg
(Top is older, bottom is fresh, all sunflower seeds were used as training treats not as main diet)

He's currently just moving onto a pellet diet, and gets fresh greens daily, with nuts/seeds as treats

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Hankmacaw any ideas? I've only heard of Cape parrots naturally have spit bubbles since they are known to be droolers.
Have you asked your vet? I wonder if it maybe indicative of a crop infection?

rebe

Checking out the neighborhood
I'm planning to take him to a vet once I find an avian one in my area- where I live parrots aren't popular pets and most places don't take parrots

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
This may be totally unrelated, but the only bird I've ever seen with saliva bubbles/stringy foam in beak, was a Umbrella Cockatoo that was dehydrated.