• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Red Bull Air Race...

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Charlie and Emma are so funny sometimes when they get really active and fly around the kitchen. I've started to notice a pattern in some of their flights. They have a tendency to come out the cage and do a loop around my head. They seem to try to get as close as possible too when looping. It's like they are "buzzing the tower" lol. Has anyone else experienced this? Are they making a game of it? Are they testing the water and flying closer and closer to me as a test? Maybe its just a convenient flight path? Any thoughts?

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
I don't know........but it sounds like that. Maybe eventually they will fly out, loop around and then land on your head or shoulders. Do they ever land on you?

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
That's a long story... Short answer is yes. They have been known to land on me in the past. Right now they are a little more independent though due to training lull. @finchly ?

sheeluhwhet

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Gemma
Charlie and Emma are so funny sometimes when they get really active and fly around the kitchen. I've started to notice a pattern in some of their flights. They have a tendency to come out the cage and do a loop around my head. They seem to try to get as close as possible too when looping. It's like they are "buzzing the tower" lol. Has anyone else experienced this? Are they making a game of it? Are they testing the water and flying closer and closer to me as a test? Maybe its just a convenient flight path? Any thoughts?
Perhaps it's a combination?
Maybe it was convenient flight path at first (lol), but upon realizing that you wouldn't try anything on them, perhaps they are now testing the waters?
I bet it's also fun for them too, which would explain why they keep flying in that pattern. Perhaps they fly closer now because they feel safe enough to do so?

Also, have you tried recording them midfilght? I bet everyone would loved to seem them flying around~ I know I would lol :D

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
My amazon likes to fly past me and just gently touch my head as he goes by.

A lot of time at my house you’ll see us all ducking down. Lol!

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
I'll see if I can get a video. Tough to capture.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Luv Bug likes to "buzz the tower" when she's mad at us. If she doesn't get her way she'll fly to the top of her cage, "scold" us in that adorable gibberish of hers then fly several loops around the living room sometimes hitting the offender in the face with her wingtips, scolding us again in between. :meh: