• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Prudences has been injured :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I have always put the cayenne on the hot rice/Quinoa and mixed it that way and then when adding the fresh live food, it does go on to those when mixing...I also would check the leg again, if necessary, put more of the cayenne paste on the leg...if she eats some of this, that is OK but it will help heal that area....:hug8:

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Checking in to see how Prudence is doing?

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Sorry I missed your posts the last few days!

The day after the accident she seemed fine, walking on it, using it to eat, etc. I tried to keep her quiet - I wasnt able to convince her stay in a hospital cage, but I put some heat on her and kept her as inactive as possible. But the following day, the 18th I think, she began limping on it while she walked, and not using it to clutch or grip while stepping up. She started puffing up too.....I got worried and had her xrayed at work. No breaks or fractures.....the Dr thought maybe there was tissue bruising or tendon bruising or something that was causing the minor pain.

So Ive been trying to keep her calm since then. Today she started gripping again with that foot, albiet not as strongly as usual, but it seems like she is improving.

I have had a little trouble with Penny trying to attack her violently, Im guessing because she see's the weakness in Pru's injury. so Iv seperated them.....letting the two greenies out together, and then Yellow all on her own. Seems to be working well.

I'll let you know if there are any changes.

Oh, and we tried to put more cayanne on yesterday...she was soo mad!! I got some on but not as much as I would have liked to.

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Awww ... sorry to hear that she's not quite back to herself yet Kim. I'll keep praying for Prudence :hug8:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Prudence has returned to normal! She is using that leg normally, and is behaving normally in every other way! I think we are out of the danger zone!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Kim, I'm so happy to hear this good news! :hug8:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name