• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
This is my cage for my GCC who should be here very soon!!

Whole cage:

Inside

Left side view

Bottom right

Bottom left

Standing perch I made

My dad and I are going to make a nice play stand soon. He cut out the pieces now he just has to bring them home so we can put it together. =)
This is the "blueprint"

This is the picture where I got the idea:

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
This is my cage for my GCC who should be here very soon!!

Whole cage:

Inside

Left side view

Bottom right

Bottom left

Standing perch I made

My dad and I are going to make a nice play stand soon. He cut out the pieces now he just has to bring them home so we can put it together. =)
This is the "blueprint"

This is the picture where I got the idea:
I love the pvc perch, and the wood one sounds awesome! be sure to take pictures for us. Don't you just love the cage? I have the same one for my red belly, it's SO easy to clean. :)

stacey101

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Stacey
Defently not the best time I've set up the cage , but they have lots of room

Tarax

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
Wow !
You all have such awesome cages ! Gave me some great ideas for when i get my bird !
[:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
010.JPG 014.JPG 029.JPG 008.JPG 018.JPG 020.JPG 023.JPG 018.jpg
ok here i go again dont know if i posed or not its to long a post to go through

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
056.JPG 055.JPG 011.jpg

ok this should give you an idea of my front room sorry shoud say mangosfront room

Lokums

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mike
Karen, I haven't seen your set-up before, its fantastic :)

Here are some of mine, the hanging stand is just great for the macaw.
Hi Danita (aka Dotty4),

I am wondering if your B&G is flighted? I see you have a lots of stuff hanging from the ceiling. I am curious how he handles all of that. I am hesitant to hang stuff from the ceiling (all I have is a hanging play gym in one corner of his room, and a large corkscrew boing hanging from the ceiling) cuz I don't want to interfere with his flying. I guess I am interested in how your B&G interacts with all the stuff in his room, or is that room quite large. Mine is only bedroom size. He will fly from his main playstand to his playtop cage.

Thanks,

Mike

Nìmwey

Strolling the yard
Here we have Sagas cage. It is 40x40x28 inches, or 100x100x70 cm.
I want a bigger one for her, but this will do for a while.

Sagas bur.jpg

Then we have Cirinos aviary (I prefer to call it cage, since it's hardly an aviary for a large macaw), which is 100x52" (or 250x130 cm) in width and depth, and a little over 6 feet high. It is obviously not very well furnished yet, but he has some toys to entertain himself with and he can fly in it.

P1040913.jpg
P1040906.jpg
P1040916.jpg

Outside for the first time. :)
P1040924.jpg

Joey

Hit the Road
i love your setups, frida.
is that shredded wood i see at the bottom of saga's cage?
if so, how often do you clean it out? do you keep it there for at least two days before
renewing?

Nìmwey

Strolling the yard
I have wooden chips (is that the word? :p) on the bottom of their cages.
I just started using it, but I think it looks better and is easier to clean than newspapers.
I don't clean it all out at once (and that's the point, since with the papers, the bird can poop all over one part while the rest of the papers are clean, and then you have to take it all out at once), but only remove the pieces with poop and dropped food.

Joey

Hit the Road
I don't clean it all out at once (and that's the point, since with the papers, the bird can poop all over one part while the rest of the papers are clean, and then you have to take it all out at once), but only remove the pieces with poop and dropped food.
yes i think so too. i was thinking of using them soon.

Nìmwey

Strolling the yard
Hmm, the macaw cage came from here: Flexipet - Flexipet (If you wait on the front page until you see two greenwings in an outside aviary, I think that's where my mac lived, since the cage and the bird comes from the same place.)
If you want to read it all, Google translate is your friend. ;)

I don't know all the terms, and don't have the energy to translate it all now, so here is a piece about the "design" translated with Google:
* Cage and aviary made ​​of anodized aluminum 25 x 25 x 1.5 mm. It is weather resistant, hygienic (easy to clean with regular cleaning), and lightweight.
* The nets are made of welded steel wire and has a very high tensile strength. Then the hot-dip galvanized. We use one of the most established suppliers in the network, and the best variety Casanet ". There are cheaper versions of such China, but the use we do not.
* The links are very strong plastic and is also weatherproof. There are also steel reinforced links if you want something special building that requires even firmer stand. Eg if you build many cages in height.
* Mounting screws and hinges are galvanized, but has passed the "rust-tests" outdoor well.
* Measurable has a completely stainless steel plate and all screws, nuts, and washers are also stainless steel.
* All plates are made ​​of aluminum will not rust.
* High flexibility. Cage and aviary is in principle to expand into the infinite, and can be relatively easily mount up / down them. Nets can also change if, for example get a bird with more bit-capacity.

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
Oh man. I want one of those cages Sooo bad!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Thank you Frida!