• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

Coco's Momma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Robin
Hey Robin, what is the mesh thing for the keets?
It is plastic hardware cloth purchased at Home Depot/Lowes. May not work for female budgies (serious chewers) and wouldn't work for bigger birds. My budgie-boys gave it a whirl and became disinterested. It is 1/4" squares, so they would have to work very hard to get a section out big enough to get out. It is VERY hard plastic, used in landscaping features, and comes in different sizes (and on rolls). They do chew on the wooden parts of the fort. Although, they are replaceable, the budgie-boys have never been able to do anything but superficial harm to them wooden parts.

stacey101

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Stacey
Budgies got an update :D

Went from a LO1 vision , to a flight cage !!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
here are some pic of mybird room which is my front room its called beleave it or not lol most wont beleave it

Attachments

lilparrots4me

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
This is Stella's cage:

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna

Excuss the clutter outside of the aviary. Pictues from first day up and it was bigger then i pictured

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Wow Robin, you and DH are an incredible team.

Really enjoying everyone's set ups.

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Loki's area:

Odin's new favorite spot:

Peanut showing his homemade flyer:

whole room:

3 of my 4 parrots are free range.

will take a picture of baby's cage again tomorrow...

Last edited:

MessyBeaks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Leigh
Hubby just finished laying the laminate floors for my bird room. Here are the pics after the first night with almost everyone moved in - the next day, I slid the table over so that it's directly under the window and added one more Amazon cage in the corner where the table was. I still have more perches and toys to hang in cages and from the ceiling, but I am really happy with the way it's shaping up. Photos are counterclockwise starting at the door:

Attachments

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Loki's area:

Odin's new favorite spot:

Peanut showing his homemade flyer:

whole room:

3 of my 4 parrots are free range.

will take a picture of baby's cage again tomorrow...
I love your bird room! I have a question, how do you keep your homemade pvc gym clean? I have one too and its getting pretty sketchy looking. The vet wrap is coming off and its looking really dirty. I was thinking of just re-wrapping the entire thing. Yours looks brand new.

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
I love your bird room! I have a question, how do you keep your homemade pvc gym clean? I have one too and its getting pretty sketchy looking. The vet wrap is coming off and its looking really dirty. I was thinking of just re-wrapping the entire thing. Yours looks brand new.
My birds are just that good!! :D
:lol: Just kidding... I just built it about a month ago, and actually none of them are big fans of it :rolleyes:

Sanitizing the whole thing wuold probably be me removing all the vet tape, spraying with bleach solution in the shower, rinsing, repeating, and rewrapping with tape. Probably will be done every 2 or 3 months, depending on how dirty it really gets once its being used more.