• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

alys

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alice
I think I would size up on the cage, and put in a couple more natural wood perches, maybe a platform or two as well so he can stretch and rest his feet. As for hanging upside down, I think it's normal behavior. Dino and Hippo do it when they're excited or feeling playful, though I don't personally have experience wit senegals so I'm not sure if they're as playful.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
Here's some new pics of Bean's setup. I had to add the pictures showing the two big doors, then one with the side door closed, but the feeder door inside of the big door open because I love it so much, makes it really convenient, and still leaves the option to keep the side door shut all the time since the feeder door is still available.
(Bam Bam was troubleshooting the automatic treat dispenser...)
View attachment 66894 View attachment 66895 View attachment 66896 View attachment 66897
Wow that cage is incredible! I love the side door! Bean looks so very happy :)

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I also think the cage is too small for a senegal...and I think he needs a few more toys and perches. Jade, my sennie, loves her platform perches and her java perch:) She also always hangs upside down and swings. lol

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika

Wow that cage is incredible! I love the side door!
lol, that's kinda what I thought when I first set it up, I just stared at it for a bit. It got even more incredible once I started putting stuff in there for Bean :dance4:

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
The white ones are from Oliver's Garden.

I'm torn between the natural and rope one myself...................... we'll see when the time comes. If I can find the material, I wouldn't mind making my own either.

Angela_tiger_1999

Real Name
Angela
The white ones are from Oliver's Garden.

I'm torn between the natural and rope one myself...................... we'll see when the time comes. If I can find the material, I wouldn't mind making my own either.
yeah I guess I'm just drawn to the white ones cause hopefully it won't stick out so much in the living room lol , thank you for letting me know where to find them :D

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
I just realized I never posted Emma's set up here

Also I would love it if someone could please share with me where you can find the WHITE rope cargo nets, I can't seem to find anything but the brown
I love that cage! Since I have been told that Sabrina’s cage is too small I am going to try to sale it when we move and replace it. I would like that one or a corner cage. We have to wait until we pick out a house before we can pick out a cage since we would need a corner to put the corner cage in. The one you have I like that you have the best of both worlds with a play top and a dome for Sabrina to hang upside down on, something she loves to do.
Do you like that cage? What brand is it? I have been eyeing one similar but not sure if it’s the same one.

Angela_tiger_1999

Real Name
Angela
Hey Christine,
I LOVE this cage!!! All the reviews I was getting about it almost scared me away from it, I was hard pressed to find even one person that liked it...everybody said it was hard to clean and that the bird wouldn't use the short side. I have not found any of this to be true, it is very easy to clean..just simply pull the tray out on the bottom and even the playtop area has it's own tray that pulls out! Emma uses all areas of the cage as well...the only thing that is a "little" difficult is hanging toys but if you just bend a little bit it works fine. This cage came from the rescue so it was used but I couldn't tell...I will look all over the cage tonight to see if I can find a brand and get back to you :D (Your Sabrina is sooo cute!)

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
Angela, thank you for the info! Your Emma is a doll also, love the picture!

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice
I got Farfey a new cage, well it is used but new to us! I am thrilled with the room it has but I do need to take it to a machine shop and have them fabricate a ledge for the bottom tray. Other than that, I think I did pretty darn good for a SS for $250.

View attachment 69078

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I got Farfey a new cage, well it is used but new to us! I am thrilled with the room it has but I do need to take it to a machine shop and have them fabricate a ledge for the bottom tray. Other than that, I think I did pretty darn good for a SS for $250.

View attachment 69078
Nice find!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

View attachment 69078
Great find!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

View attachment 69078
That is a great price for that cage!

Matt

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
Man, why can't I find a deal like that!!
Great find you have one lucky birdie!

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
finally moved and settled, the bird room is slowly coming along. Now off to find a tiny shop vac to keep this carpet pristine!! :eek: :rolleyes:

odins area. we broke her big tree carrying it up the stairs :( she gets the little one until I find her a better one!

Loki's area (my home made net is finally up too!! chain to hook it further up to keep wandering beaks away from the ceiling... :rolleyes:)

baby and peanuts area. they like to share thank goodness. peanut's choice to have his tiny nap cage, its never shut!! it was his choice I swear!! he always seeks it out even if I hide it... :p

and the potential macaw corner :D

singermanlynne

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lynne Singerman
Hi, Where did you get the stand with the natural color/natural wood? I have only seen this in green and I like yours MUCH better :)
Please let me know. Thanks, Lynne