• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pest Control vs Air Purifiers?

Broguy

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Esper
Hello, I had a cockatiel about a year ago that passed and I (think) I figured out what it was from. Which was hypothermia due to the heat cutting off :( Anyways, I’m currently doing research on ways to keep birds warm but primarily focusing on if I should get another. I’d like a conure, but I’m afraid since we recently started having pest control visits. Would a good air purifier in the room with their cage help to combat the fumes? Thank you!

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Sorry for your loss.

Since you don't currently have a bird I'd suggest waiting until you get the pest issue under control, or are able to exclude the bird from the premises for at least 24 hours after a treatment (ensuring it has been well ventilated with open windows to bring in fresh air before returning). A bird should not be in a location that is being treated for pests with spray application (making it airborne).

An air purifier is always a great idea to improve indoor air quality, but it doesn't eliminate the risk.