• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny is in surgery...i'm beside myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Meagan, I am so sorry that Penny got hurt! I am glad she is Ok now. Please don't beat yourself up, everything will be ok. I am praying that Penny makes a full recovery.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thanks, everyone. The vet just called to say that she is out of surgery and doing well. She managed to suture the wound (which she said was really big). Fortunately it's in an area that Penny won't be able to pick at, so it should heal ok. She going to be on antibiotics and pain killers for a little while. I'm to keep her warm tonight and keep an eye on her. I've moved her cage into my bedroom so that I can have her beside me all night.

I'm just about to go get her and bring her home.

I feel absolutely horrible about all of this. Poor baby girl. I've only had her a week :(

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I would do without all of you! I really, really don't!!!!!!
I am sooo glad to hear this good news that she is doing well after the surgery!!! :hug8::heart::heart:
Drive carefully!

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Oh thank goodness she has made it through surgery! Everything will be alright now. :) She just needs some extra TLC.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8: Thanks for the update!! Glad to read that your Baby Meyers is on the path to healing.:heart:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hug8: Glad to hear she made it through surgery. I'm sorry this happened. It would be hard.
I'll be praying that she makes a speedy recovery and that her and Eddie can eventually be friends.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh Meagan, I'm so sorry. I hope Penny heals well and completely. :hug5:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that she will be ok! Thank you for letting us know!

Matt

Eliza

Jogging around the block
I'm so glad to read that Penny is out of surgery and well on her way to recovery. I hope that you both are getting some much-needed rest! *hugs*

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Thanks, everyone. The vet just called to say that she is out of surgery and doing well. She managed to suture the wound (which she said was really big). Fortunately it's in an area that Penny won't be able to pick at, so it should heal ok. She going to be on antibiotics and pain killers for a little while. I'm to keep her warm tonight and keep an eye on her. I've moved her cage into my bedroom so that I can have her beside me all night.

I'm just about to go get her and bring her home.

I feel absolutely horrible about all of this. Poor baby girl. I've only had her a week :(

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I would do without all of you! I really, really don't!!!!!!
:hug8: oh I'm so glad to hear she's awake!! All my best for Penny!!! :hug8:

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
We're home now and Penny is in bed. She went straight for her water dish and drank deeply--poor little girl must have been really thirsty! She also ate some pellets, which I take as a good sign. She's a real trooper! After her snack she made her way up to her sleeping spot, and it was pretty clear she was ready for bed. I covered her up and turned out the lights, and now I hope she's sleeping soundly. I'm exhausted, too, so I'm just about to turn in. So much for a peaceful Saturday night at home. This is the first day in over a month that I've had off and I was planning on sitting on the couch and reading all afternoon/night. Oh well. At least the emergency vet is less than a 5 minute drive from my house. And Thank God my baby girl is okay. I know I haven't had her long but I'm already very attached to her. Even more now that I feel like I was really close to losing her tonight. Thanks everyone. I'll keep you posted on her recovery.

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
That is SO good to read! I'm so happy she's tucked in for the night!! Hopefully she heals quickly!! Poor baby! Take a deep breath Meagan... *hugs*

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
That's wonderful news :hug8:
thanks for the update!

MollyMouse

I'm so glad to hear she is doing ok :hug8: Please get some rest and let us know how her recovery is going when you can.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We're home now and Penny is in bed. She went straight for her water dish and drank deeply--poor little girl must have been really thirsty! She also ate some pellets, which I take as a good sign. She's a real trooper! After her snack she made her way up to her sleeping spot, and it was pretty clear she was ready for bed. I covered her up and turned out the lights, and now I hope she's sleeping soundly. I'm exhausted, too, so I'm just about to turn in. So much for a peaceful Saturday night at home. This is the first day in over a month that I've had off and I was planning on sitting on the couch and reading all afternoon/night. Oh well. At least the emergency vet is less than a 5 minute drive from my house. And Thank God my baby girl is okay. I know I haven't had her long but I'm already very attached to her. Even more now that I feel like I was really close to losing her tonight. Thanks everyone. I'll keep you posted on her recovery.
:heart::hug8:Penny and You!!:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That is such a relief to read. I hope you both sleep well tonight. :hug8:

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Just catching up on this thread, and am glad to see it come to a happy end. Looking forward to hear more news on her progress!

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I'm so happy that Penny is doing well. And you need a sigh of relief, a glass of wine and forgiveness from yourself. All of us with multiple birds try to be so careful but in a split second anything can happen.

:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Prayers for a fast and stress free recovery for both of you. Don't be too hard on yourself or Eddie, it's natural behavior.

Ginger

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Just reading this and breathing a sigh of relief...I am so glad Penny will be ok! And everyone is right, accidents do happen and you did great by getting Penny to er ASAP. Sounds like you have great vets! I wish Penny a speedy recovery and big hugs for you MOm!

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Megan,
Hope your little Penny is doing well
today. I am thinking of you and her.

Status
Not open for further replies.