• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny is in surgery...i'm beside myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciesana

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
[Update: Home and Recovering] Penny is in surgery...i'm beside myself...

They got too close today and Eddie bit her really badly. He tore a huge chunk out of her neck. It's horrible. I rushed her to the vet, waited an hour to see a vet, only to have them tell me that she needed to be put under so that they could check her out more thoroughly and see if they can suture the wound. I can barely breathe, I'm crying uncontrollably and I feel so so so bad that I let this happen. I'm a horrible bird mommy and I don't think I'll forgive myself if anything happens to her. She's been home with me a week today. I just can't believe this happened and I feel so awful. She must be in so much pain. They said they would call as soon as she's out of surgery, but I have heard horror stories of birds not waking up and I am so worried. I don't have anyone I can call because I live on the other side of the country and everyone will be in bed. I had to post because I am just beside myself. Please send prayers and thoughts our way for my sweet little Penny bird.

Last edited:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
sending prayers for Penny, dont be to hard on your self it is not like you intentionally let it happen :hug8::hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:huh: I'm sorry to hear this. I didn't know you had a second bird. Sending you and Penny healing thoughts and will say a prayer for the both of you.:hug8:

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
I am so sorry. :( Sending good thoughts your way so Penny recovers quickly.

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Oh Meagan, Please don't be so hard on yourself. Hopefully Penny will recover fine. I know it sounds so trite, but accidents happen. We will be positive and believe that she will be okay. You may PM for my phone number if you would like to talk :):hug8:

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
don't blame your self accidents happen , I hope she is ok

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Meagan, the vets on the island are really good. You would of heard by now if she wasn't waking up. She will recover nicely and be fine after her stitches are out.

Bea bit Newmans toe too, it does happen when you have multiple birds.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
oh Meagan, sending my best for Penny :hug8:
We are all here for you

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
I'm so sorry to hear this Meagan :( Sending out positive thoughts to you and Penny

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry to hear about Penny. I'll be thinking of her and hoping for a quick recovery! :hug8:

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Lots of love coming for you and Penny! Like everyone said, accidents happen!

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Please let us know any news Meagan when you are able I will keep checking the thread:hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry. I hope that she will be alright. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Matt

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
I'm so sorry that this has happened! :(

I will be keeping Penny in my thoughts. Don't be too hard on yourself. Accidents happen!

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Sending prayers for Penny...Don't beat yourself up over this...she will heal and get better.

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
She is in my prayers... Please let us know an update when you can..

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
Thanks, everyone. The vet just called to say that she is out of surgery and doing well. She managed to suture the wound (which she said was really big). Fortunately it's in an area that Penny won't be able to pick at, so it should heal ok. She going to be on antibiotics and pain killers for a little while. I'm to keep her warm tonight and keep an eye on her. I've moved her cage into my bedroom so that I can have her beside me all night.

I'm just about to go get her and bring her home.

I feel absolutely horrible about all of this. Poor baby girl. I've only had her a week :(

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I would do without all of you! I really, really don't!!!!!!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Meagan, accidents happen to all of us, don't beat yourself up

sending prayers and healing energy to Penny, please let us know how she does

:hug8:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Glad she's doing well and the surgery went fine. I hope she makes a quick recovery/heals quickly. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug8:

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
Thanks, everyone. The vet just called to say that she is out of surgery and doing well. She managed to suture the wound (which she said was really big). Fortunately it's in an area that Penny won't be able to pick at, so it should heal ok. She going to be on antibiotics and pain killers for a little while. I'm to keep her warm tonight and keep an eye on her. I've moved her cage into my bedroom so that I can have her beside me all night.

I'm just about to go get her and bring her home.

I feel absolutely horrible about all of this. Poor baby girl. I've only had her a week :(

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I would do without all of you! I really, really don't!!!!!!

We will always be here for you,,,, And thank heavens she is going to be ok.... Prayers still coming for a speedy recovery. Give her hugs from Isis and I... And save some for yourself.. Its not your fault these things happen. Your a good parront and you did the right thing it acting quickly..

Status
Not open for further replies.