• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Peeps I Need You Now

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
We were just going in to clean GCC Birdies cage. We found her on one of her high corner stone perches. She was in an unusual position, laying forward almost on her breast.. She has no breathing issues, she ate breakfast, and just now I gave her a grape, which she is eating with gusto.

we got her into the travel crate in case she has to go to the vet. I have never seen anything like what she was doing. But now that she is in the travel crate she seems to be leaning forward again....could this be egg bound behavior?

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
will she perch? of course i'm no med professional but sounds serious. i'd high tail it to the vet. could be egg binding.

Ziggymon

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
Go to the vet ASAP.

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Oh gosh Katy..! I hope it's nothing serious dear:hug8:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Perhaps she pinched a nerve? Either way with something that odd,I would try to get to the AV as soon as possible.

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
Has she pooped recently? Any rocking back and forth, tail bobbing, abdominal distension?

ImaBirdMom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jessica
You feel her tummy? How's her bottom look? Has she been pooping? Please keep
Us posted hugs Katy!!

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Has she pooped recently? Any rocking back and forth, tail bobbing, abdominal distension?
Yes, current poop. No rocking or bobbing, (I don't think- not sure I completely know what that looks like)

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Perhaps she pinched a nerve? Either way with something that odd,I would try to get to the AV as soon as possible.
No avian vet within 5 hours. Has to be a good vet that knows birds. That's all I can do.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I don't have any egg experience but that would be my first guess. I hope she is ok! :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I've been told, that if a bird is pooing they are not egg bound. But I don't know if it's just anecdotal. I would call your vet and see. Does she have eggie butt? You should be able to see a bump.

Ginger