• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pascal

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
How is he doing?

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Well it has been a while. Honestly I forgot about avian Avenue for a while. I got sick and was in the hospital for quite some time. My husband's job and schedule is so crazy, it was impossible for him to care for the birds.. a friend took Pascal to keep him separated from the others, and another took the rest of the crew. Well while he was with the friend he got all his feathers back and is looking great! They grew really close and he was doing so well, i fell like I would be terrible to take him back.. they really bonded and he was so healthy. It was really hard to do but she was very excited and I can still see and visit him so I know he is doing well.
On a sad note, I lost everyone else in my flock the other friend that had them made a not so great choice. She brought a "rescue" (bird she bought on craigslist) into her home without any quarantine time. Turns out he was very sick and was carrying multiple diseases. It makes me sick to think about their lives being chaos and without me for the last little bit that they were alive. Ill always feel like I abandoned them because I'm sure thats how they felt. So I am now birdless having a hard time with it. I have been thinking about getting another bird recently.. I just can't decide what to do. I had a diverse little group and all I can think of is getting all the birds I had, but I know it wouldn't be the same.

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Well it has been a while. Honestly I forgot about avian Avenue for a while. I got sick and was in the hospital for quite some time. My husband's job and schedule is so crazy, it was impossible for him to care for the birds.. a friend took Pascal to keep him separated from the others, and another took the rest of the crew. Well while he was with the friend he got all his feathers back and is looking great! They grew really close and he was doing so well, i fell like I would be terrible to take him back.. they really bonded and he was so healthy. It was really hard to do but she was very excited and I can still see and visit him so I know he is doing well.
On a sad note, I lost everyone else in my flock the other friend that had them made a not so great choice. She brought a "rescue" (bird she bought on craigslist) into her home without any quarantine time. Turns out he was very sick and was carrying multiple diseases. It makes me sick to think about their lives being chaos and without me for the last little bit that they were alive. Ill always feel like I abandoned them because I'm sure thats how they felt. So I am now birdless having a hard time with it. I have been thinking about getting another bird recently.. I just can't decide what to do. I had a diverse little group and all I can think of is getting all the birds I had, but I know it wouldn't be the same.
I am so so sorry for your losses.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm glad Pascal settled in well with your friend, but I'm so sorry about the rest of your flock. I cannot even imagine :sadhug2: