• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Fever

Animus7685

Moving in
I've had a cockatiel for 3 weeks or so and I've realized that its had some symptoms for parrot fever (psittacosis). Such as being constantly sleepy and pooping a greenish yellow looking poop (picture provided). Due to the current state of the world I'm in self containment due to coronavirus. If theres anyone who knows anything about it please reply. If you need any more pictures I will provide.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Is your bird weaned? What is his diet?

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
If a bird is feed a seeded diet than its poop is going to be green and when a bird is feed pellets its poop will be the colour of the pellets you should be concerned for psittacosis if the urates are green.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Are you planning on taking him to the vet after this coronavirus goes. I was the same when I first got my bird and he did his first poops going to the vets will help confirm if he is healthy or not. When getting new birds its important that you take them to the vets to make sure they are healthy. When you Google psittacosis symptoms in parrots the first thing that comes up is green poop. In most cases where the birds are eating seeds than its normal for the poop to be green the urates ( white part) of the poop shouldn't be green and from the pictures I can see the urates are white. But I'm not very experienced or a qualified vet.

Animus7685

Moving in
Are you planning on taking him to the vet after this coronavirus goes. I was the same when I first got my bird and he did his first poops going to the vets will help confirm if he is healthy or not. When getting new birds its important that you take them to the vets to make sure they are healthy. When you Google psittacosis symptoms in parrots the first thing that comes up is green poop. In most cases where the birds are eating seeds than its normal for the poop to be green the urates ( white part) of the poop shouldn't be green and from the pictures I can see the urates are white. But I'm not very experienced or a qualified vet.
Thank you, yeah I will take her to a vet as soon as this whole pandemic dies out.