• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot and colours

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Hello.
I was wondering if parrots do prefer some colours
Tweety is regurgitation and dancing for red stuff.
I realized that when i am on my phone then he walkes in such dramatic way, pining his eyes and open his wings for my phone's case because it's red same happened with a red water cap.
Also when i was drawing a flamingo i used a picture of a flamingo as reference when he came to play with my drawing supplies he also started regurgitation for the flamingo picture, kissed it and said peekaboo and other words...
So do parrots/ birds recognize colours and behave to some colours?
Shall i start concern or this is normal behaviour?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Birds actually can see more colors than we can provided they have good lighting. And they Definitely can have preferences or even fears. In fact, many birds are fearful of red or yellow because they are warning colors in the animal kingdom.... Notice that many have small bits of yellow or red on their wings that "grow" when their wings extend as they fly away - built in warning system for the rest of the flock!

But, some birds love those colors! If they have positive associations with them they might even make them amorous ;)

Sounds pretty normal. My Jardine's is a regurgitator; I try to distract him when he starts because otherwise he will coat his whole play area in barf :mad2:

Angela_2

Walking the driveway
Sounds pretty normal. My Jardine's is a regurgitator; I try to distract him when he starts because otherwise he will coat his whole play area in barf
:roflmao: can relate
Thankfully Tweety is still practicing regurgitation XD