• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Paco passed Jan 5, 2022

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Paco became ill and I took him to the vet as soon as I could. He had respiratory issues. Vet said could be infection or enlarged heart. They put him to sleep to do x ray, not clear enough to see his heart. I was holding him and he started to pass. I ran out to smoke and grab some water. The vet assistant came out and said he is crashing. I got there right when he passed. I was hysterical. He was my life. The house is so quiet with out him. He isn't here to talk to and whistle and dance. How do I get through this. I am can't move or think. I am so heart broken. How do I go on?

Attachments

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You breathe & remember the good times with him. In time you may decide to rescue another bird & give him/her your love. There any many that need good loving homes.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Sorry I couldn't chat longer last night. In the UK it was after 1am and boy do I need lots of beauty sleep.
Do you have any hobbies you àre interested in pursuing?
Something to relax you?

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Perhaps reconnecting with an old friend or family member would help, or reaching out to a neighbour. It can help to help someone else, even if you're not ready for it to be a bird yet.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Thank you Icey, I don't feel like doing right now. Its just hard, I didn't expect him to pass and was taken by shock.
Of course. I was just thinking of something to take your mind off things.
I know it's easier said than done.
Losing a beloved pet is devastating. :(

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I thought losing my Amazon was bad, but Paco talked and we were so close, the house is so quiet without him. Its driving me crazy. I told him everything I was doing, even laundry and now all I have left is an empty cage and his leg band.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry for your loss. I think many of us understand what you're going through. Losing that special bird is so hard. It does get better with time though.

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
For me, I just kept on talking to Walter even though he wasn't physically there. I needed his cage there for a few days and then it was just too painful to look at so I cleaned it all up. After that I kept going back to where his cage was (and still do). I then tried to do some things in his honor. (brought home some flowers, feed the wild birds where he is buried, and donating a small donation to a bird rescue.). Still I talk to him but now I can begin to move forward though I am not ready to take on a new bird, I am able to at least think about the possibility. I still tear up and hearing about Paco has brought all those memories to the fore front (which is not a bad thing, just a stronger emotion then I would have thought). It does help to read all the good wishes sent towards others who have lost and to know that I am not the only one who feels that deeply and is so profoundly affected by the loss of a parrot. I do think in some ways it is harder when you only had one bird to pour your heart into at a time. That being said I loved how close we became because he was my sole focus bird wise. Know that you are wrapped in love an understanding during your profound grief.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I am so sorry to hear you've lost Paco. Sometimes time is the only thing that heals.
Hopefully someday, you'll bond again with another bird that needs you.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
When Nikki, my CAG, passed we planted a tree for her. It makes me smile when I look out and see birds in it. Last year a Robin built a nest in it, we watched them grow and leave. Hopefully this spring she comes back.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
For me, I just kept on talking to Walter even though he wasn't physically there. I needed his cage there for a few days and then it was just too painful to look at so I cleaned it all up. After that I kept going back to where his cage was (and still do). I then tried to do some things in his honor. (brought home some flowers, feed the wild birds where he is buried, and donating a small donation to a bird rescue.). Still I talk to him but now I can begin to move forward though I am not ready to take on a new bird, I am able to at least think about the possibility. I still tear up and hearing about Paco has brought all those memories to the fore front (which is not a bad thing, just a stronger emotion then I would have thought). It does help to read all the good wishes sent towards others who have lost and to know that I am not the only one who feels that deeply and is so profoundly affected by the loss of a parrot. I do think in some ways it is harder when you only had one bird to pour your heart into at a time. That being said I loved how close we became because he was my sole focus bird wise. Know that you are wrapped in love an understanding during your profound grief.
Thank you. Everyone has been so supportive. I just can't believe he is gone. I feel so loss. He was my first parrot that talked and he interacted with me, I taught him things. I got him 2 weeks after I had to put my Amazon down. I don't think I can get another parrot. The grief is too much this time. I've had birds for 40 years and his passing has just knocked me off my feet.

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
I'm really sorry for your loss. The good times you had with him before will be your medicine.
You gave him a very good life. You just need time.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:sorrow: :(
Im so sorry. It is just so hard to loose our babies.
Be kind and gentle with yourself. Do some pampering as you would do for others going through loss. Sometimes we forget to treat ourselves with the kindness we would show others.
Love to you

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
The crying has slowed down some, I teared up when I came home, cause the firs thing I would do is say "Paco, momma's home and he would chirp and I would open his door and he would get out of his cage. So I just feel sad right now. No radio on to keep him company when I'm not home and my bedroom is dark.

Just feeling sad.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you feel up to sharing...

What is your favorite memory of your sweet Paco? Was it something silly and funny? Or was it him being a brave boy opening up finally?

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
There's no shame in crying after what you've been through.
Is your room mate there with you to keep you company?